Distracted (REQUEST)

#A.N.: Heya! So this was a request made by HappyWritesTales and I hope y'all like it.
P.S.: Not gonna lie, this one gave me butterflies ☺☺☺

Your POV

"Have you been sleeping properly?"

"I have."

"Then how come you got yourself hurt with your ninja stars? I thought you were more careful than this, Leo."

He shakes his head. You and your long time crush, Leo, are sitting on his bead as you are taking care of his hands. You're still trying to figure out how he managed to hurt himself like that, but it doesn't look like he's going to spill the beans anytime soon so you have to figure it out on your own. 

"Then, did you get distracted again?"

It wouldn't be the first time that had happened. Last week he also got distracted by something and couldn't block Raph's blow during one of their sparring sessions.

"Guess so."

"What the heck is getting you distracted so often anyways?"

He shrugs and you shake your head in response.

"You have to be more careful, Leo. If this keeps up, you won't be able to fight properly. And that could jeopardize your missions."

"Never thought I'd ever hear you lecturing me about something like this." He says while smirking a bit.

"Trust me, that's two of us."

You gently wrap his hands with bandages. That's when you can feel he's watching you. You try to shake it off, but his gaze is so intense it's starting to make you feel something on your stomach.

"May I know what you're looking at?" You ask while glancing at him quickly before turning your attention back to his injured hand.

"Did you cut your hair lately?"

"Um... No, I didn't." You reply unsure of why he's suddenly bringing up your outfit.

"Oh, really? I-I could've sworn you cut it. N-Not that you needed to, of course. It's bad just the way it is-- No, I mean, you're bad-- I-I mean, you're pretty-- No-- Your hair! Your hair is really pretty... Today..."

You frown. What the heck was that?

"Uh, Leo? You okay? Are with a fever or something?"

"What? No, no, I'm fine. Really. I'm fine."

"You sure? You don't seem fine."

"How so? I'm completely fine--"

"You got yourself hurt during training for the second time this month, you're stuttering like crazy and you look all uncomfortable for some reason. You're not like that at all, Leo. So I know something is wrong. You know that you can tell me, right? Please, Leo. I just want to help you."

He shakes his head. "You've already done enough. More than enough even."

"What are you ta--"

"Ever since we met you've been nothing but kind to me. You're honest, smart and funny too. Sure, it took you a while to warm up to us and believe me it was the other way around too. But nonetheless you've embraced me and my family, despite what we are, where we live and how we live our lives. You've truly accepted us, and for that I... I think you're wonderful."

Your eyes widen and you freeze, unable to think much less say anything. And apparently Leo took that as his cue to keep talking.

"Look, Y/n... W-What I mean... Actually what I'm trying to tell you... Is that I... I-I like you. I really really l-like you... And... Y-You don't have to answer right away, I-I'll get it if you need more time-- Truly, I do... I just wanted to get this off my chest."

Leo just confessed to you. He ACTUALLY just confessed to you.

Your mind is blank. Well, actually it isn't. But there's so many things going through your head right now that you can't say anything. You can barely process how you feel towards all of what just happened in less than five minutes. Shock, fear, confusion, happiness, butterflies in your stomach, heart almost beating out of your chest-- All at once!

The only thing that manages to bring you back to the real world is Leo slightly squeezing your hand. You blink in surprise and that's when you notice it. Despite of what he said, he wants an answer. Heck, if anything he's more scared and nervous than you are. After all, it's not every day a mutant turtle confesses his feelings for a human.

You take a deep breath and do the only thing that you can properly think of doing, which is lean in closer to him and softly kiss his cheek.

He tenses up. You can tell because of the fact that his grip on your hand got tighter. But you linger there for a few more seconds before pulling back and placing your forehead on his shoulder.

"... I like you too, Leo..." You whisper.

After a while, you feel his hand cupping your cheek and his torso pulling itself away from you. When you come to, he kisses you gently on your lips, and after a slight moment of shock you kiss him back, your free hand on the back of his neck.

The kiss lasts for a few more minutes before you two pull away and lean your foreheads on each other's.

"You know what?" Leo starts softly.

"Hmm?"

"I actually got distracted because you were there."

You pull back while frowning. "Are you saying that I was the cause of your injuries?"

"I-I mean, I didn't mean that in a bad way. It's just that-- I never get you out of my head, and whenever you watch me training I get all nervous, and--"

"So you what me to stop seeing you training?"

"No! No, that's not it. It's just... I-I... Wanted to... Impress you..."

You blink in surprise before cupping his cheeks and kissing him.

Once you pull back, you giggle. "You don't have to do much to impress me, Fearless. Just focus more on training, okay? Don't want to see you getting hurt again."

"Really?"

"Well, duh. Unless you like it when I take care of your injuries."

"U-Um... W-Well, I uh... I don't dislike it... Especially because we can... Be together, you know?... Just the two of us..."

You ponder for a second before smiling at him. "Then how about a date? Once a week sounds good?"

He turns to you with wide eyes. "You mean it?"

"Of course."

He grins before leaning in and kissing you again, this time with more passion. But as his hand barely lays on your waist...

"OW!" He yelps as he pulls back.

You roll your eyes and kiss his cheek. "Come on. Let me take care of that so we can cuddle later."

He blinks in shock but soon enough opens a huge smile.

Better prepare for more "distractions", huh?