Shut Up And Dance With Me (REQUEST)

#A.N.: What's up, y'all? Big title, I know, but I couldn't think of a better one lol
This one-shot was requested by PizzaDeluxSupreme and I hope y'all like it!
P.S.: This will be a Human AU, meaning Leo is human, all right? And Happy New Year y'all!!! 🥳🥳🥳🥳🎆🎆🎆🎆🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇

Your POV

"Okay, so for this next test, I should review..." You mumble as you organize your study plan for the next month. "Oh, wait. I still have to make time for the dance practice for the fall festival. Ugh, I'll have to change my schedules all over again."

You are the one of the lead dancers for this dance that will happen during the fall festival, which will happen in a few days. You weren't so eager to do it since you were more worried about your grades, but your dance club is just as important. It helps you relax and distract yourself a bit from college, since sometimes, combined with your part-time job, it gets too much.

As you're writing, you suddenly drop your pen when your phone vibrates against the table. You pick it up and read it. It's from your friend of the dance club who's your senior and the club representative in the student council.

'Hey, Y/n! I've got some news. One: there will be a love song that we'll have to dance during the event.'

You roll your eyes. (Oh, joy. Guess I'll have to call p/n - partner's name - to practice.)

Just then you get another message.

'Oh, and I talked to p/n and they said that they injured their leg yesterday so they won't be able to perform. So sorry to say this, but you'll have to find another partner.'

You blink a few times before letting out a groan.

'Can't I just not perform the love song? It's the only one that I need to have a partner to perform, right?'

'Sorry, but no. I already gave our list of performers and I can't change the number of people.'

'What does that have anything to do with it?'

'Because of the space they lent us. They determined it by the amount of performers.'

You let out a louder groan before locking your phone and placing it bacl on the table.

"You good, Y/n." You colleague and roommate, f/n - friend's name - ask as they look up from their book.

You shake your head and get up. "Just some bad news I'll have to deal with later." You get up after packing your stuff from the library table. "I need some air. See ya later?"

"Sure. Want me to make dinner?"

"Nah, just order something quick. And if you'll order some drinks, get me some f/d - favorite drink - okay?"

"All right. I'll see you later."

"See ya." After throwing your backpack over your shoulder, you leave the library as you head back to your apartment complex.

You take a quick detour as you leave your stuff on your apartment before heading to the rooftop. It's quiet and has a nice space, so it's great to clear your mind.

When you arrive there, you stop your tracks as you see a guy with headphones dancing close to the place only janitors are allowed to go. You stay there in silent watching him dance.

(Whoa... He's really good. How come I've never seen him in the dance club before?)

You stay there for what feels like an eternity, and whatever song he's dancing to he's nailing every single move he pulls.