Love In The Rink

Your POV

You are skating through the ice rink. Your cousin, Casey, used to go there with you, but this time it seemed that he had other plans in mind. April O'Neil to be more exact. Not that you minded, but you did enjoy the company sometimes. Though you also enjoy being the only one in the rink. No one but you and the music. No one to stare at you as you dance and do ice skating 'tricks' to your heart's content. With that said, you just made a pose after some spins before you suddenly hear some sort of clapping from somewhere around the rink. Your head turns around trying to find the source and you soon enough spot it. You smile widely before bowing. When you pull back, your (e/c) eyes meet Leo's ocean blue ones, and he's also smiling. "That was great, Y/n. You were amazing."

"Thanks, Leo." He's the only one of the turtle brothers that knows you skate. He found out as he went to your house one day to hang out with you and you weren't there. So he asked Casey where you were and he ended up telling the turtle. With that, he got to the rink and saw you practicing a random routine. Ever since then, you hang out in the rink every now and then. You didn't tell the others and made him promise he wouldn't do so because you're too shy, and the idea of lots of people watching always freaked you out. That's why even though you are one heck of a figure skater, you never got into any competition. You only skate because you like to. But with Casey or Leo, you didn't feel weird, or nervous, or stressed like you usually did with other people watching you. Well, on the beginning with Leo, of course you felt that way, but after a couple of times in the rink, that nervousness was long gone. Anyways, when you spot him, you skate towards his direction to greet him with a quick hug. "For how long have you been here?" You ask him after you let go. He shrugs. "A couple of minutes. Enough to see you skating. You always skate so gracefully and beautifully, I still wonder how you do it." You chuckle as you tuck a strand of hair behind your ear bashfully. "Well, in the same way you look so great when you train. Years of practice." He smiles at you. "Well, I hope I didn't interrupt you." You shake your head. "Relax, you didn't. I was finished with that song when you showed up."

"*Phew* For a second I thought I ruined your training." You laugh at his comment. "Well, if you had done so, I can always start from the scratch. You know I don't mind. But I would still punish you." He raises an eyebrow. "And how would you do that?" You smirk and skate towards the exit, where your stuff were. You have an extra bag with you today, which got Leo's attention. "Huh, Y/n? What's up with the extra bag?" Again, you smirk before you get the bag and hand it to him. "For you." You say with a smile. He frowns before grabbing the bag and opening it, his eyes widened when he saw what was inside. Then, they turn to you. "Y/n... How did you... Why did you--" You shrug. "You do comment you'd like to skate with me, and I have already mentioned about teaching you how to."

"Still... How did you do it?" Again, you shrug. "I do take care of my ice skates and custom some of them. So I thought: why not make him some?" Yes, you got Leo a pair of homemade ice skates so he could skate with you. They're not that fancy, just blades under a wooden base with ropes. He turns to the blades. "Y/n... I can't--" You raise your hand in front of him cutting him short. "Yes, you can. Besides, it's not like you'll take them back to the lair. Please, just accept them. I've been dying to skate with you. Please?" You stare at him with the best puppy eyes you can do, and he soon enough lets out a sigh. "How did you know how to make these for me?" You scratch your cheek. "Donnie and Mikey helped me... Your feet size is almost the same. I made it larger just to be sure." He smiles and shakes his head. "I hope the ice doesn't break with my shell." You beam at him before hugging him. "Thanks a lot, Leo! And don't worry. We're not in a lake." He laughs and sits down on the bench. You help him with the ice skates and when he's done, you help him towards the rink. You hold yourself back not to laugh as you see him struggling to stand straight when he gets in the rink. "Okay... This is a bit harder than I thought." He says, amd that makes you laugh. "Relax, we can start with the basics." He yelps before grasping the rail like his life depended on it. You stifle a laugh before helping him out. After that, and what seemed like hours of skating, Leo starts to get the hang of it. So's that, you're skating backwards to keep up with him, and he managed to keep up with you nicely. "You're doing great, Leo." He lets out a nervous laugh. "I'm not so sure about that. I feel so stupid." You chuckle at his comment. "Trust me, I felt the same way skating and when I learnt all the tricks I know nowadays. It's normal." He stares at you with an eyebrow up. "You? Feeling stupid? While skating?" You laugh a bit harder. "While learning how to skate. I bet you felt the same way when you started to learn ninjustsu." He shakes his head. "Touché." You laugh even harder with that and he soon enough follows you. At least until he tripped. "Whoa!" You hurry to his side, but his weight ended up bringing the two of you down, with you on top of him. You have a fit of laughter. "Well, that wasn't that nice. Are you o... Kay...?" You trail off as you get aware of your position and stare at Leo's wide blue eyes. You feel your cheeks burning more and more as you see his cheeks getting red too. The two of you just freeze and can't break the eye contact. "I-I..." Leo starts and brings you back to reality. You instantly get up. "Oh, my God. Leo, I'm so so sorry, I..." You frown and skate outside the rink. "Y/n! Wait! Whoa!" By the sound of it, Leo fell again, but you don't care. You're so embarrassed you just take off your ice skates, grab your stuff and leave Leo to skate his own way out of the rink.

One week later...

It's been a week since that incident with Leo, and you just shut everyone else out. You don't go to the rink in fear of Leo being there and you having to go through that mess all over again. To make things worse, you've had a crush on Leo for a while now, so you couldn't bring yourself together to talk to him. "Ugh, why am I so indecisive?" You groan as you bury your head in your pillow. Just then, you hear someone knocking on your window. Your head jerk up and you feel you cheeks get redder by the pace your heartbeat increases. (Is that--) Before you can even finishing asking yourself the question that you already knew the answer to, there was another knock on the window. You bite your cheek. (Should I... No, I'll probably just make things worse. But... If I don't answer, things will get worse than they already are.) With a sigh, you get up and walk up to your window. When you open the curtains, you see Leo with the pair of ice skates you gave him hanging on his shoulders. You frown and look at him, only to see him smiling. You shake your head slightly and open the window. "Leo? What are you doing here?" He shrugs. "I just thought you'd like to go to the ice rink for a bit. What do you say?" You frown a little. "I don't know, Leo..."

"Come on, please? I've been dying to skate with you again, Y/n." Your eyes widen with his words. But even with your cheeks burning, you smile and grab your ice skates. "Alright. Let's go." With that, you leave for the ice rink. And after you've arrived there and kept skating for several minutes, you start to feel that you're letting yourself loose. You turn to Leo and see him doing fine by himself. "Did you practice?" You ask him as you skate towards him. He beams at you. "Yeah. I've been coming here for a while, and Casey's been helping me too." You open a sad smile. You're happy for him, but you wish he would've asked for your help instead of Casey's. "I'm glad to hear it. Casey really is a good instructor." He nods. "He really is. But you know what?" Before you know it, Leo's standing right in front of you, and staring deep into your eyes. No wonder you ended up getting lost in those ocean blue eyes of his. "L-Leo?" You ask hesitantly, and he surprises you by holding your hand. "If Casey hadn't told me to wait, I'd have rushed to your place in that same night." You blink in surprise. "W-What do you mean?"

"Casey told me to stay away from you for at least a week. I told him what happened, and he said he knew why you ran away like that. When he said he couldn't tell me why you acted that way, I started to go away, but he stopped me and told me to give you, actually give both of us, some space." You frown. "But... Why? I mean, falling is natural in skating, and I was the one who ran away like an idiot. So why would you need space?" His grip tightened before he frowned. He seems conflicted, which gets you worried and nervous. Then, he suddenly pulled you towards him and kissed your cheek. Your eyes widen way more than before, and your cheeks burn so much, you freeze completely. When he pulls back, his gaze lockes on the ground before he speaks. "Well... You weren't the only one who was embarrassed back then. I... I also was pretty ashamed." You can't help but frown again. "... Why?" You ask hesitantly. He looks back at your eyes and cup your cheek slowly. "Because I didn't have the courage to say what I've been wanting to ever since I first saw you skating." He takes a deep breath and continues. "Y/n... Ever since then, I think you're amazing, not to mention determinated, strong, kind, funny, smart, honest and... You have a great heart and a stunning personality that only makes you more beautiful than you already are. And... I feel lucky and honored to just be your friend, but... Honestly... I don't know if I'm happy with just that."

"W-What do you mean?" You ask completely confused and not believing in what you're hearing, though you badly want to. "What I mean is that I love you." You were stunned by his words, but he didn't stop there. "*Sigh* I should've told you a week ago when I had the chance, or at least tried to stop you from getting away. And even after that, I should've gone to your place to see you sooner, but... I was afraid you'd shut me out after that, and that you'd reject me because I'm a mutant. Heh. Guess I'm not that fearless--MMPH!" You cut him short by cupping his cheek with your free hand and kissing him on the lips. He seems to be taken aback for a moment, but he soon enough melts into the kiss as he wraps his arms around your waist as he kisses you passionately while your hands grasp his broad shoulders. When you pull back, you give him a bashful smile. "I want you to know that you were not the only one here who was afraid of rejection." His eyes widens before he opens a smile. "You... You mean you..." You nod. "I love you too, Leo." He laughs and tries to lift you up, but he ends up falling and bringing you down with him, and you land on top of him, again. "Oops, sorry." He says, but you only laugh as you shake your head. "It's okay. This time it's okay." He smiles lovingly at you before cupping your cheek. "Would you be my girlfriend?" You beam at him and gives him a sweet peck on the lips. "I'd love to." He gives you a grin before pulling you into another kiss.