Study Buddies

The letters that Sara had received the day before has completely occupied her mind. The sweet mysterious person that's been writing to her. Those heartwarming words. They're all drowning up her thoughts. And right now, that's not what she needed. She needs to focus on her studies. She can't fail a class or else she will lose her cheerleading scholarship. And she's close to it because of freaking chemistry.

Getting back to reality, Mr. James was reminding the class to study for the test they were going to have tomorrow, and looking directly at Max and Sara. Max hadn't noticed because she was so focused on Ben's notes. At least she's getting somewhere, unlike Sara who still doesn't know how she'll pass the test.

Before Sara could get out when the bell rang, Nyssa called her, making her turn back around, trying to hide her frustration with a smile. "Yes?"

"Here." Nyssa was handing out her notebook.

"What's this?"

"My notes. You could use them to study for the test tomorrow."

"Are saying I'm stupid?" Sara raised her eyebrow and gave Nyssa a stubborn look.

"Don't play it like that, Sara. We both know that you badly need to pass the test." Nyssa waited for Sara to respond or take the notebook, but did neither. "Alright then, I guess I was mistaken." She took back the extended hand she had holding the notebook.

"I'm sorry, I'm being stubborn. Yeah, you're right I need to pass the test really bad, but I don't think your notes will help me. I still won't understand a single thing." Sara paused, contemplating the next words she was about to say. "Maybe you could teach me?"

Nyssa stared at her, her heart thumping hard against her chest because of the way Sara was biting her lower lip and her eyes wide and pleading. Nyssa was helpless against her, how could she ever say no, especially when she looks at her like that. But outside, Nyssa was still cool and composed. "Alright. Just let me know when and where."

"My house? After school?"

"Why not in the library?"

"I don't like the library, it's too quiet. And I believe it will take us a long time to get all that in my head, so I'd rather be in the comfort of my home." Sara beamed up with a smile.

"Alright." Nyssa froze when Sara gave her a quick peck on the cheek before thanking her and running off.

---------

Nyssa could still feel the warm sensatio left by Sara's kiss on her cheek. It was sudden and quick, but it managed to make her heart skip a beat. She knew that she shouldn't be thinking much of it. Even more foolish to give any meaning to it. It was simply a sign of gratitude. A girly reflex that she wasn't used to. She lightly brushed her knuckles to her cheek, replaying the welcomed surprise kiss she got.

Nyssa's thoughts being clearly preoccupied by that moment didn't seem to mind or bother with Nate hovering around her and would randomly say something to her from time to time. And by the clearly annoyed look on Alec's face, it is safe to say that he seriously don't approve of the situation and would be happier just to pound on Nate's face. But there is nothing he can do about it. What Nyssa says goes. Though he did try to argue with her about the matter, she still just lets it be and expects him to do so as well, since Nate is not someone Nyssa can't handle.

"Are we going to train later?" Alec's deep stern voice laced with a bit of annoyance caught Nyssa's attention, making her look over to him. She bit back a smile forming because of the constricted look on his face, that even grew more pained when Nate butted in.

"Training? What do you train for?"

"Killing you." Alec merely stated as he shot him an icy glare.