Find You

Sara was completely drained from running around trying to survive in the island that she had fallen fast asleep on the makeshift bed she had made days ago. She couldn't care less of the impending dangers to come, at that moment, her mind, body and sould were crying for rest.

She felt a light touch go over her cheek, moving a couple of hair strands away from her face. She should have been startled, but she felt comforted by the gentle touch, so she did not protest. When she slowly opened her eyes adjusting to the light, she heard a familiar voice.

"There you are. Hello, Sara."

"Nyssa?"

As her vision cleared, she indeed saw the dark haired beauty before her.

"Yes, my love. It is me."

Sara's heart started to fill with relief and joy, all her worries fading away, she swiftly wrapped her arms around Nyssa, startling the both of them.

"How? How are you here?"

"I have my ways. Forgive me. It took me a long time to find you. They said you were gone, but I simply couldn't accept it. And I was right not to give up."

"Thank you, Nyssa."

"Let's go. Let me take you somewhere safe where you can rest and fully recover. Let me be here for you. Let me take care of you."

Completely overwhelmed by her unexpected rescue and the heartfelt emotion etched in Nyssa's every word, she was left speechless and only nodded. She thought she would never see her again. Even if she got off the island, she thought she would not want to see her again after breaking her heart over and over, but there she is holding her tight against her, being so protective. She still didn't give up on her and now she found her. She knew she at least owed her another chance. And she vowed to give this next one all she has.

Days turned to weeks, and Sara slowly regained her strength. She still had nightmares and had trouble sleeping, but then Nyssa would hold her and everything would be fine again. She was very blessed to have Nyssa caring for her and loving her, and she knew not to abuse it again. Not like what she'd done before.

"I have to leave for a few days." Nyssa said to her as she hugged her from behind. "I just have some things to take care of."

Sara laid her head back against her shoulder, enjoying the tender feeling of being close to her.

"Another mission."

"Yes, but I'll be back as soon as I can."

"Don't rush. I just want you back whole."

"I will be quick and careful. I have you to come home to." She kissed the back of her head.

Sara turned around to look her in the eyes.

"I don't know what I did to deserve to be loved by you the way you do."

Nyssa gave her a light but meaningful smile.

"Because you light up the darkest corners of my heart, and it is I who doesn't know how I deserved to have someone so good and pure as you in my life."

A wistful tear fell from her eye. She still did not understand how she deserved Nyssa, but she won't question it any longer. She would just be grateful for the love pouring down on her.

Nyssa placed a kiss on her forehead, each of her eyes, her nose, cheeks, lips, then there she deepened. Sweet. Soothing. They pulled apart for air, but the hunger they had for each other was clear in their eyes.