Dear...YOU

Before the end of that day, Sara went back to her locker to check for the note, because she still hasn't gotten one. And also to leave her note for the person to find.

Dear...YOU,

I don't know who you are. But I do hope I will know you one day. Even so, thank you for all the notes and letters. You have indeed made me smile with them. I always look forward to finding them everyday. Your words always end up making my day a lot better. Thank you! Til next time.

~Sara

Sadly, Sara didn't find a note for her, so she just left hers there and went home. She was a bit disappointed. She was looking forward to it. Different possibilities of why there wasn't a note for her ran through her mind. Maybe he was busy. Maybe he forgot. And the last thought she had, and hoped wouldn't be the case was that maybe he was no longer interested. But those words couldn't have come from someone who would easily lose interest. 'I really hope not.'

--------------------

Nyssa was out practicing archery by herself. Alec had already gone home and had some other things to tend to.

Nyssa saw Sara walking out of the building looking a bit blue. She wanted to go to her and ask if she was alright, but decided agaisnt it and just continued with her practice.

She took an arrow from her quiver, loaded it to her bow, closed her eyes, took a couple of deep breaths as she lifted and aimed. She focused more on her other senses as her eyes were closed, feeling the whispering movements of the wind. She heard a low heavy breathing a few feet away from her, closing in, she turned around, bow and arrow ready and aimed at the person creeping in on her.

"Woah! Chill!"

It was the footballer that threw the ball at Sara. Nyssa kept her aim steady and gave him a searing glare.

"Okay. I'm not here to mess with you or anything. You could put the bow down."

But Nyssa didn't move or say a word.

"Or not." The guy took a deep breath and shook his hands, clearly nervous. "I'm...Nate. I'm the guy who threw the ball at Sara. You popped my ball with an arrow."

"I recognize who you are. What is it that you want?" Nyssa said still not putting her bow down.

"I... God, I'm probably one of the most arrogant people here in school, but I'm making a fool of myself in front of you. Well, I'm here to apologize."

That finally made Nyssa put her weapon down. "I'm not the one you should be apologizing to."

"Yes, I know. And I will apologize to Sara. But that's not all I came here to talk to you about."

Nyssa lifted a brow at him questioningly, waiting for him to continue.

"I..." He swallowed hard. "I was wondering if you'd go out with me. I know it's crazy. I actually do think I'm going crazy. But what the hell. I've never been so impressed like that by a girl before. The way you carry yourself. So sure. So...badass."