Heroes

"He traded his life for ours. He was a hero. Which I'm pretty sure is the last thing he wanted to be remembered as." Ray said lightly but sincerely.

"But that's what he was." Sara added solemnly.

Going into the expedition, Sara didn't think that she would find herself caring deeply and genuinely about anyone of those in her team. She wasn't a complete cold hearted person, but she knew how to detach herself from her emotions. She knew going in that it would be a dangerous ride. They were bound to lose some. He wasn't the first person that got killed off from the team. She just didn't know it would hit her hard when it came to him.

She had grown fond of him. He was the only person who seemed to understand her, and reach her to some level. They even had a moment where he inclined of thinking about the future, his, hers, their posible future together. And she simply teased him about it, that he has to be one hell of a thief to steal a kiss from her. She wouldn't have admitted it then, but the thought of them together excited her. She thought that it would be one fun ride to start, and as fun through out.

But that's all where they got. Leonard Snart wasn't supposed to be a hero. He wasn't supposed to be the one to die for them. Yet there he was, giving his life to save theirs, just like a hero would.

Having destroyed the time masters and the Oculus, they no longer have means to track down Vandal Savage. After the loss they suffered, Rip decided to return them back to 2016, closest to the time that they had left, where they could not interrupt any of the events that had happened.

Sara made her way to the Arrow cave, and was greeted only by her father. He told her about recent events that had happened while she was gone that led to her sister's death.

She felt as if someone was clenching at her heart. It can't be. How could it have happened? Quentin tried to comfort her daughter as much as he could, but Sara was furious and thought of something she could do and someone else to blame.

Sara found the others signaling the Waverider with a beacon and waiting for its return. Once there, Rip told them that he made no progress at all on his own, having no means of tracking Savage. To the surprise of the team, Sara attacked Rip and had a knife to his throat.

"You knew that Laurel was going to die, and now you're going to take me back, and I'm going to save my sister." She said outraged.

"I'm afraid that that - "

"You should be afraid." She threatened.

The rest of the team tried to calm her down, then Rip just stunned her. She was then put in the holding cell on the ship. Rip talked to her. He told her that her sister's death was inevitable, and if Rip hadn't taken Sara with him, she would have died there along with her sister and father.

"Please take me back. I need your help. I need to save my sister." Sara continued to plea nonetheless.

"And you know that I would do for you, Sara, but I just can't."

"I have never asked you for anything. And you of all people should understand. You have tried everything. We have tried everything to save your family."

"And I would not wish the pain of that failure upon anyone."

"I would rather live with that pain than this."

She thought losing a friend in Leonard was painful, but it was nothing compared to what she was feeling in that moment. And it was Laurel who pushed her to go save the world. She hadn't wanted to, but Laurel convinced her. She was a hero through and through, and Sara had always looked up to her.

"There's got to be a way. Rip, I have to be able to do something."

"I'm so sorry."

"Look, I can't. I can't do this without my sister. I can't."