Always

The offer never crossed Sara's mind, be a part of the league of assassins. She had always been curious how it must be like living in that part of Nyssa's world. The more she thought about it, the more it sounded more appealing. She would no longer be stuck in a room just waiting for Nyssa to go back and see her, she could be standing by her side at all times. She would no longer need protection, she would be taught how to do it herself. She could protect Nyssa and rip away the fear of losing her while not being able to do anything.

"So what would it be?" Ra's was waiting for her answer.

Nyssa got herself in between them and addressed her father. "May I have a word with, Sara, father?"

Ra's laid out his hand motioning to her to go right ahead.

Nyssa turned her attention to Sara.

"Don't. You don't have to do this."

Sara was confused. Does she not want them to be together? Does she think she can't handle whatever training she has to go through? She could be as strong as her. She would be able to fight by her side. Does she not want any of that?

"You don't know what you're getting yourself into. This life is dangerous. I have tried to keep this away from you as far as I could, but this is who I am. It doesn't have to be your life as well."

"I know, but what if I want it to be?"

"Please, don't"

"If you're afraid I can't do it, I can. Nate did, I could too."

"That's what I'm afraid of. You could be great with this, but it changes you. It changed Nathaniel. I don't know if I can handle that, if it happened to you."

"He did change, but he is still that good friend he has always been to us. Whatever happens, nothing will change between us. We'll just be together more, don't you want that?"

Nate was still indeed that loyal and trusted friend. He was still a bit playful when it's just them, but there is darkness in him now. When Nyssa had met him, she would never had guessed that he would be the cold-hearted assassin he had turned out to be. He has learned to detach himself from emotions the way she does, only to reveal them to his close friends. She does not want that for Sara. Her emotions and how she embodies each and every single one are one of the many things she loves about her. She doesn't want her to lose that side of her.

"More than anything else. But it doesn't have to be like this."

"I want to do this, Nyssa. Please, just let me."

Nyssa knew she had made up her mind, and it would be close to impossible to sway her. And she can't just prevent her from doing something because she's afraid of what it may lead to. How have the tables have turned between them in that moment, Sara being the brave one, and her being frightened of the possibilities. All she can do now is hope for the best, that things won't turn for the worst with Sara.

"I'm not really good at saying no to you. But promise me something."

"Anything."

"You don't let your light go out and never let the darkness consume you."

"I won't. I have you to keep me from going down that road."

They both hope that they wouldn't have to go down that road. Nyssa doesn't know if she would be able to keep her from doing so, and Sara doesn't want to burden her of ever having to.

"So, have you decided? Would you join and train with the league of assassins?" Ra's finally spoke up again.

Nyssa stepped away to let Sara speak for herself on the decision she has made.