The Last Letter

The room was still for a few moments as Nyssa stayed kneeling down in front of Sara, gazing deep into her eyes. Sara broke the contact and looked away.

"I never said I love you."

"You never said that you don't."

She looked back at her with annoyance.

"I don't love you."

"Then make me believe it, because right now, I don't."

Nyssa stood and removed each of their bindings. She told them to hide and stay out of the way. She will deal with them when they get back.

"What are you going to do?"

"What I have to do."

"Nyssa."

Sara held tight on her wrist, half fearing for Nyssa's safety and half fearing for what she thinks she meant.

"I am going to kill them, Sara."

She sat on one of the chairs in the middle of the room, waiting for their captors to return.

She has to protect her. It doesn't matter what Sara would think of her after what she's about to do, as long as she's safe.

She closed her eyes trying erase the look of fear she saw in Sara's eyes. Fear of her, she thought. Maybe it's better that she finds out who she truly is, before she gets dragged further along her dark path.

She could her the murmur of words and the patter of footsteps coming towards the door. The men entered and didn't notice right away that the girls were not where they left them.

Nyssa quickly assessed the situation as to how best to decapitate her opponents.

"Hey! Where are the others?" One finally noticed.

"Somewhere you can't touch them." Nyssa answered still seated.

Their leader smiled deviously at her and laughed.

"You, bitch. Who do you think you are? Don't you know who you're messing with?"

"Who you are is irrelevant to the situation, but since you're so eager to know," she then slowly stood up from her seat, "I am Nyssa, daughter of Ra's al Ghul, heir to the demon. And I guarantee you your deaths."

The men started laughing until Nyssa threw a shard of glass she had picked up at the throat of one of them. She moved swiftly as the men made their move on her. She threw quick precise and lethal blows to knock them down. Blood spilled everywhere. The sound of the bones cracking as she twisted one of the men's neck was clearly heard in the vast room. She let out a long huff of breath before she stalked her last prey.

All she could think about was Sara. Saving her. Keeping her safe. She worries about what she might think of her now, seeing her like that. Maybe it was for the best that she finds out who she really is. Maybe that would keep her away and safe. She doesn't want her away, she wants her close with her, but she can't just think about what she wants. She just has to keep her safe.

The guy was shooting at her, but with his frightened nerves and broken hand, he couldn't shoot well. Nyssa twisted his arm and took the gun from him, then she shot him point blank in the head without even wincing.

Sara and the others couldn't believe what they just witnessed. It had seemed to them that killing wasn't new territory for Nyssa. They had seen her sparring and whipping some ass, but actually killing someone without even having second thoughts, that was something else. They don't know whether to feel secured or frightened.

Nyssa walked over to where they were hiding. Her exterior showed the tough cold-blooded killer she is, but inside her heart was breaking from the look Sara had on her face. A look she couldn't quite read, whether it was disgust or terror. Whatever it was, it was eating away at her.