To No End

"You promised you wouldn't leave me again. It took me a while, but you made me believe that. Why are you doing this to me now?"

-----------------------------

"Hey. Dance with me." Sara said as she swayed with the soft music playing in their living room.

"I'm okay. You go ahead."

"I wasn't asking." Sara pulled her from the couch and held her close to her, and they started to dance. "It's been a while. Why wouldn't you dance with me?"

"You know I don't dance."

There were only very few occasions that Sara got Nyssa to dance with her; on their wedding, in two of her birthdays, and on their first and fifth anniversary. Most of the time she would just watch Sara dance. She loves watching her get lost into the music. Sara just loves the way she looks at her when she dances. She feels like the most beautiful and most loved woman in the world. Well, Nyssa always looks at her like that. But she still prefers to get lost in the music with her. She wants to share every moment with her.

"You dance when I tell you to dance." Sara demanded, but Nyssa just smiled at her. She wasn't walking into that trap. She would oblige with her wife's wishes from time to time to dance, but always? No. Sara dances a lot. They love playing music in the house, and she always dances along. So, no. Sphe won't make any promises she doesn't intend to keep.

"I'll give you today, my love."

They continued to sway to the lulling music, holding each other close, heads rested against one another.

"So, I was thinking."

"I don't know if that's supposed to be good." Nyssa teased, earning her a light smack on the shoulder.

"We should go on a trip for your birthday. I know you don't really celebrate it and that would already be too much, but this would be nice."

"It's not in a couple of weeks more."

"Exactly. We still have time to plan for it."

"You know we can go on a trip anytime you like, you don't need my birthday as an excuse."

"I know."

"You're up to something." Nyssa eyed her curiously.

"Oh please! Just go with it, Nyssa." Sara rolled her eyes. There was no point in denying, but she doesn't have to reveal the entirety of her plans.

"Fine."

"Where are we going?" Nathan sleepily asked from the bottom of the stairs.

The two looked over to their growing thirteen year old boy. There are days that Sara could not believe that she really has the family she has, Nyssa and Nathan. They're the best things that ever came to her life. It seemed not long ago that she was on the Waverider on a time travelling mission to save the world, whereas none of that occupied her mind, but now she can't even imagine never going back and never having them in her life at all.

"Come here. Did we wake you?" Sara asked wrapping him in her arms.

"Yeah. My senses got alerted at the sign of adventure." He joked as he sleepily stood in his mom's embrace.

"You are your mother's son." Sara brushed away stray hair that was on his face as he smiled up at her.

"He's your son too, Sara Lance." Nyssa added as she wrapped her arms around them both pinning Sara between them.

"He is?"

"Very funny, ma. As if you'd ever deny and disown me. You love me too much."

He's right. She would never. Even if they hadn't given him her father's name, she would always claim him as her son. No one could take that from her.