Without Her

Weeks have passed and Sara still hasn't gotten over the fact that Nyssa was gone. She still can't accept that things ended the way they did between them. She wants to go back to that moment and do things differently. Make her stay. Tell her she loves her. She just wants her back.

Things hadn't been the same ever since that day when it all ended. Yes, she was appalled when she first saw Nyssa kill, but now she sees her as a hero. Her hero. Her personal warrior. But she's gone now. In her place lies an empty space that can't be filled by fleeting memories of them together.

There were times that she thought she saw Nyssa in a crowd, but when she blinks again, it turns out to be someone else. She badly misses her, but what can she do, she made that choice. A choice she now regrets. She tries to make her self feel better by thinking that she did it to keep Nyssa safe, or that Nyssa is happy despite that, but nothing works, they still just make her feel worse about the situation.

Her family and other people who don't know any better think that her sudden change was due to their kidnapping. Only three people know the truth: Max, Rebecca, and Nate. They know that she's gloomier because of Nyssa not being there. They try to keep her mind distracted, but to no avail. Her thoughts always seem to wander to Nyssa. It is where her heart seems to lie anyway. With Nyssa. Now that's she's gone, Sara can no longer deny that she truly had fallen for Nyssa.

"We should go somewhere fun or have a party. I'm so bored with all the school stuff we've been doing."

She finally caught on what Max was babbling about when her thoughts were wandering around.

"I don't know. Not really in a partying mood." She replied.

"Come on! We both need it. And when was the last time we had a decent party or have been to one?"

"Can't remember."

"Exactly! Please, Sara. Please. Please. Please. For me?" Max pleaded and pouted like a child which made Sara smile, a rare occasion lately.

"Sure. Just let me know."

"Yay!!" Max squealed. "I gotta call Becca and let her know of the plan."

"We don't really have plans yet."

"Yeah. That's why I'm calling her. She'll definitely be doing the planning for us. You know how much she loves throwing parties."

It's true that Rebecca enjoys planning parties, but what she loves doing more than that is helping and supporting a friend. And trying to cheer one up by throwing a ridiculously fun party is very ideal for her.

Rebecca was very excited that they're finally getting to do something to keep Sara's mind off of Nyssa's absence. Maybe she'll meet someone there. She has to invite a lot of people, so Sara would have a lot of options.

At the party, Sara tried to be interested at any guy or girl who attempted to make conversations with her, but no one just got her attention. All she could still think about was Nyssa. She stood, leaning up against the railing of the stairs looking down, observing the people down stairs who were enjoying themselves. Max saw her and went up the stairs.

"Hey, what are you doing her? You have to go down there and enjoy someone's company."

"I'm good. I'm enjoying just watching everybody."

"You're not making fun of us and making up weird stories, are you?"

That comment made Sara smile, which Max was glad of, then she just left her friend to be alone with her thoughts.

"I thought this was your party." Moments after Max had left, a voice said from behind her. She turned and saw that it was Nate.

"Hey."