Pour My Heart Out

Nyssa wanted to go to Sara’s house and just be with her after her date with Max. She wants to talk to her and hold her, but that would be too much. She doesn’t want to impose herself on her and make her feel suffocated, so she reverted to texting her, which has been a normal thing between them when they are not together.

To: Sara

Hey. Are you still up?

From: Sara

No. This is me, sleep texting you. How was your date?

To: Sara

Wow. Even in your sleep, you’re thinking about me.

It was nice.

Sara smiled. She was really glad that Nyssa is getting comfortable to be making jokes with her. She likes where their relationship is at the moment, even if it is very complicated. She has gotten to know Nyssa quite well.

From: Sara

You’re the one who’s clearly thinking about me. Nice? Just nice? I’ve come to learn that that’s not always a good thing coming from you. Sometimes, it’s you just being polite.

It warmed Nyssa that Sara would notice such small things about her. She liked how much she was getting comfortable with her. It’s not easy for her to trust just anyone. But with Sara, it seems the natural thing to do.

To: Sara

I’m not denying that I’m thinking about you.

I kissed Max.

The heat that started rising to her cheeks, when she read the first line of the text, drained out of her the moment she read the next line. Everything stopped around her. She couldn’t stop staring at the words staring back at her. She wished they would just go away. She wished Nyssa was just kidding. What the hell is she doing? She wanted this for her friend. But why does she feel like she was run over by a truck a dozen times.

To: Sara

I’m sorry.

Now, that just confused Sara even more. Why would she apologize? She needs to get a grip at herself. She took a couple of deep breaths before typing.

From: Sara

Sorry? What for?

To: Sara

For kissing Max.

From: Sara

Why would you apologize to me for that? Did you accidentally impregnate my friend?

To: Sara

You’re upset. I’m sorry, Sara.

From: Sara

I’m not upset.

To: Sara

Yes, you are. I had a feeling you would be.

From: Sara

Then why tell me?

To: Sara

So, you are upset. To be honest, I don’t know. I felt like I had to.

Sara was indeed upset about the matter, but the way Nyssa was going on about it has slowly eased it away. She was thinking about her. She was thinking about what she would feel. Then she went back to feeling upset when she realized that was the exact opposite of what she was doing to her best friend, Max.