Finding a Place

Nyssa,

Off to my first mission. I don't know how I really feel. I just wish that you could be by my side through this. It feels different yet somehow same when you're the one heading out like this. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. I miss you already, my love. I will see you soon.

- Sara

Sara wrote the letter as they made their way to the port, then she handed it over to a messenger to deliver to Nyssa. She felt nervous going outside the walls of Nanda Parbat for the first time as an assassin of the league. At the same time, she felt alive. The thought of actually being out there using the skills she acquires in her trainings is extremely exhilarating for her. She was no longer running away from danger, but diving head first to it. She was simply thrilled.

She only wondered about Nyssa. What could she be doing at that moment? Other than worry for her endlessly? She was right. No matter how alive she feels going on a mission like this, she still would rather be by Nyssa's side. Maybe they'd get to go on one together some other time.

Nyssa was pacing back and forth in their room when there was a knock on the door. She was in no mood to see and talk to anyone. It's the first time Sara was to be out there and she's not by her side. She opened the door, frustration evident in her facial features. The messenger knew not to say anything and just handed her the note with her name scribbled on top. She took it and closed the door.

She read the letter and smiled. Of course she would think of doing that. It was comforting to know that she thinks of her instead of worrying about herself. It tells her that she isn't scared to be out there. But still, Nyssa worried. How could she not? It was the first time she had to be the one waiting if she'll come back. To ease herself a bit she thought of writing her a letter in reply. Though she wouldn't be able to give it to her until she gets back, she will write to her until she does.

My dearest Sara,

You're right. Somehow the feeling is similar, yet different. It is far scarier to be on this side, though. This has got to be one of the worst feelings I have ever felt. The uncertainty is excruciating. And it is very difficult to get my mind out of the thought of you being out there. How do you do this and not go mad?

Thank you for always patiently waiting for me here. Leaving for a mission got a little more difficult since it also meant leaving you behind, but knowing that you're here waiting for me makes it easier as well. I hope that's also the case for you. I love you, Sara. And I will always have my arms wide open to welcome you back home.

Always yours,
Nyssa

Sara observed her target carefully. She has to evaluate carefully where she could grab him, since her mission was not a simple assassination, but she also has to retrieve information using any means necessary. Doing her reconnaissance, she wore normal clothes to blend into the crowd, but when night came, and it was time to snatch her mark, she donned the gear and clothing all the assassins of the league wore, with the hood, mask and all the works. She had various weapons with her, but of course, by her hip, her weapon of choice, a collapsible metal bo staff. It wasn't as lethal as other weapons, but it makes up for its reach and could still cause much damage if used well. And she has excellent mastery of it.

She followed the man as he entered a seemingly low-key club. She waited patiently for him. After an hour or two, the man exited the building and made his way out through a dark alley which opened an opportunity for Sara to make her move. The guy was no easy target being former military. Learning stealth from the league, he didn't see her coming, but he sure did put up a fight. Using her speed and agility to her advantage, docking a punch from the guy, she swiftly struck him at the side of his head with her staff, knocking him out.