Conflicted

"Have you talked to her?" Max was worried about Sara. She knows she's hurting and is just trying to hide it and be strong, but she doesn't have to be. Not around her best friend. She prefers that she just let it all out and talk about it, than being so contained. She also knew how much Nyssa was hurting and had heard about the incident she punched the wall. Her heart ached for both of them.

"No." Sara answered in a clipped tone.

"Have you at least read the last letter?"

"I don't see a reason to." If Sara were to be honest, she's scared to read it because she knows that her words, no matter how deceitful she may think they are, can still make her heart melt, and she is too angry and hurt to let her do that to her again. Yank her around with words and promises of love.

"Why don't you just let her explain?" Max tried to reason with her.

"There is nothing to explain. She lied to me. She played with me. She hurt me. She..." Broke my heart, Sara thought. At least she hadn't given her the satisfaction of professing her own freaking love. Damn. She feels so stupid. She should have listened to her first instinct to stay away from her. She knew from the beginning that she was trouble, but somehow, something had pulled her to her.

Then from across the field, she saw some girl walk up to Nyssa while she was preparing her bow. The girl kept tucking her hair behind her ear; she would look down, bite down at her lip, and smile while talking to Nyssa. God! She was flirting with her! How dare she flirt with her? Sara's jaw was clenched so tight. She shouldn't even be caring about that but it was seriously getting on her nerves. Not just a while ago, Nyssa was confessing her love to her. Yeah, it turned out to be some grand scheme in Sara's mind, but still. Now, she's already flirting with some...bimbo. Okay, she doesn't look like one, but Sara was trying to make a point to herself that Nyssa was just playing with her.

Nyssa could sense the intense and deadly glare Sara was sending her way. The girl who's talking to her had tried to approach her before but she just dismissed her. She knew the girl was flirting with her. Now she thought of entertaining her in hopes of getting Sara jealous or any response from her at all. Though it was like she was shooting daggers at her, at least she was getting something; at least it wasn't totally over. She just has to win her back, and think of a way to do that.

She took a chance and looked directly at Sara. She held her gaze for a moment until it was Sara who looked away. She went back to her training after the girl left.

Sara once again watched her. Seeing her pull on that bow, all she could think of was the time Nyssa tried teaching her how to use one. It was at her house. It was just the two of them there. At first, Nyssa gave her instructions and just let her try it out. She only hit the target once and was nowhere near the center. Nyssa enjoyed watching her try.

"I'm not getting this right."

"I can see that."

Sara raised her eyebrows at that and made Nyssa smile. She finds Sara adorable when she gets mad. Well, it doesn't matter how she feels, she would always look so lovely to her.

"Why don't you get off your butt and show me how?"

"I did show you how. You're rushing it and you're not concentrating well."

"Then just help me out. I'm not leaving until I get at least one good shot."

"That's fine by me. I love having you here and I'm enjoying watching you."

"So you're not going to help me?"

Nyssa stood and went to her side.

"As much as I adore your cute angry expressions, I don't like you getting mad at me and end up not talking to me."