Her Love Is Incredible

Sara breathed in, not knowing how to respond to what Nyssa had said. She loves her. Of course that's the reason for all of this. Nyssa never stopped loving her even after all she'd done to her. Could she ever return the love she once had for the assassin? She hoped she could, because Nyssa deserved it. Then she was reminded of the dream she had that makes her afraid that all this might be just another dream. Would those be the same words she say when she asks her why she deserved her? She wondered but kept it to herself. That would have been too much déjavu and would probably cement the thought that it's just a dream in her mind.

"You should get more rest. You need to get your strength back. Could I get you something to eat?" Nyssa pulled away from her unwillingly, giving her space.

Sara simply nodded, not trusting the words that might spill from her mouth.

Nyssa got up and took a step towards the door, but was halted when Sara grabbed her hand. Nyssa touched her face lightly and gave her a soft smile.

"I will be back. I'll just fix something for you to eat."

She then slipped off Sara's loosened grip of her hand. Nyssa made her some soup. She almost burned herself thinking deeply about the broken girl currently occupying her bed. The light in her eyes have dimmed. Everything about her seemed to have faded a little. Her bright smile. Her energetic personality. Even though, she is still her Sara. She just needs to find a way to get that light back.

She helped her with the soup, not because she thinks Sara wasn't capable of feeding herself in her state, but more of wanting to be close to her. She wants to feel needed by her even in the smallest ways.

"I should let you rest. Good night, Sara."

"Good night, Nyssa."

Neither wanted the other to leave, but both were scared to say the words and what the other may think. Both were afraid to come off as too needy or clingy.

Nyssa went to her room, unable to sleep, she stood by the window, looking out, worrying about her beloved Sara. She hoped that she would be able to sleep well, though she doubted it. She may not know what she had gone through, but she could feel and see it in Sara's eyes how lost and scared she had been. Though she felt a little pride of how strong Sara had been to survive whatever it was she faced. That's why she has faith that Sara would break through her fears once more. When and how, she is not sure.

Sara was unable to sleep as well, afraid that when she close her eyes, she would find herself on the island again. She thought of her family as she constanly does. She thought of how they could be doing since she was gone; what they could be doing at the moment; if they were sleepig, what they could be dreaming of. Do they dream of her? Do they dream of her being back with them and finally being able to hold her in their arms? She longs for such things in her wake, but in her sleep she is incessantly haunted by nightmares. Then she thought of Nyssa. Is she asleep? Is she awake and worrisome as her? Is she thinking about her? Of course she is, Sara thought. It was one of the most predictable things about Nyssa. She loved that about her, but now she sees how difficult it could be for her. She felt guilty as to how much she had taken Nyssa's feelings for her for granted.

Fatigue caught up with her and Sara finally went to sleep. So did Nyssa, knowing that her worry and lack of sleep would do her or Sara no good.

When Nyssa awoke, she immediately went to check on Sara. She found her twisting ang turning in her sleep. She tried shaking her awake.

"Sara. Sara, wake up. Sara."

Sara jolted awake with a pen in her hand about to strike, which Nyssa swiftly blocked. Nyssa easily saw fear in her eyes, and she knew she could have been dreaming of being back on the island again.