Death is a Welcomed Thought

Sara wandered around the corridors in search of Nyssa. She knew she shouldn't be roaming around on her own, but she rarely goes out, and when she does, she doesn't really see the place she's holed up in, so she thought what the hell, she'll deal with the consequences later. It was not like Nyssa would tie her up so she won't do it. The thought of that gave her a similar idea but in a different light. She smiled to herself at the naughty thought she had.

She moves out of the way and tries to hide out of sight when she spots other assassins coming her way. And in her opinion, she doing quite well with the sneaking around and it was giving her a thrill. The thrill of adventure. Finding comfort once again, more importantly, finding it again with Nyssa, it gave her a different sense of security. She still had nightmares, but less frequently and less intense. She doesn't feel the need to run away from danger anymore. Being with Nyssa, being succumbed to her life with the League, she would gladly dive head first into the pits of hell as long as she has Nyssa by her side.

She found Nyssa in full gear battling it out with five assassins. Her moves swift and precise as if her sword was just another part of her body. They were no match for her. She takes them down as quickly as they got up. Her facial features were so different from when she's with her. Then, her face is brighter, softer and sometimes a little vulnerable. Now, she looks fierce, unshakeable, and very intimidating. Either way, she's her Nyssa and she loves her. She loves both sides of her; the sweet and passionate lover, and the tough guarded warrior that she is.

Nyssa spotted her and Sara saw her eyes light up a little then her expression became harder than the one she had while going against the other assassins. She dismissed them and sheathed her sword. She started walking towards Sara still wearing the hard expression that told Sara she was in big trouble.

"What do you think you're doing here?"

Up close, Sara could see the fury in Nyssa's eyes.

"I...I know I shouldn't have..."

"Then why did you?" Nyssa quickly cut her off.

"I was just... I'm sorry."

A man in the shadows watched them closely. He observed every detail, every emotion they try so desperately to hide, clearly not wanting anyone else to see, but he sees them so clearly. The way they stood so close to each other, the way they look at each other, she saw anger in one, while guilt in the other, but still all around them, they emanated love. He felt how strong it was even though the situation does not seem to show any. He was intrigued. He made no move, simply observed as Nyssa took Sara by her forearm and dragged her down the hall and made their way to her room.

She closed the door behind them and started pacing back and forth, still steaming with anger.

"How many times have I told you never to wander around! What if someone saw you? What if he saw you? Do you have any idea what could happen?"

Nyssa's disposition and the tone of her voices was starting to scare Sara. She didn't think it would be that big of a deal.

"I'm sorry. It won't happen again." Sara said softly in an almost inaudible voice.

"It better not!" Nyssa stated sternly. Then all the fury burning through her faded when she saw the fear in Sara's eyes. How many times she had promised not to let those clouds shadow her eyes again, yet she's the one putting them in her. She let her shields down and got close to her. She took her hands in hers and laid her forehead against hers. She closed her eyes for a moment, breathing in the fear she too possessed. She opened her eyes and looked deep into the ocean of blue of Sara's.

"I'm afraid, Sara. I'm sorry I lashed out on you. I'm just so afraid of what could happen, I don't know what to do. If someone had seen you. If my father had seen you. I still haven't talked to him about you being here. I know he knows, but if he sees you, Sara; if he sees you wandering around like that, I... He could... He could have you killed." Nyssa almost choked at the thought of the last one she said. She knows her father. He never approved of her love for Sara. He could use the opportunity to get rid of his heir's distraction and weakness.