Grievances

Sara arrived at Starling City along with Nyssa and the League of Assassins. She found Oliver and explained to him that she had offered to go back to the league in exchange for their help in fighting Slade Wilson. Oliver wanted to protest but knew they needed all the help they could get, and Sara did what she thought she had to do.

Oliver with his team, along with Sara, Nyssa, and the League of assassins made their way to Slade's hideout, where they were met by mirakuru soldiers. Sara felt a sense of belonging, fighting side by side Nyssa and Nate once more. It had been quite some time, and she had missed the way their moves seem to synchronize together. Then something clicked, and she was seeing how Nate would fight so close to Nyssa in a different light. He didn't change in that manner, since he has always been adamant in protecting her, but to Sara, she was seeing and feeling something that shouldn't be there.

She was envious of the chance Nyssa had given him, but knowing all that he had done for her, and how much of a friend he had always been to the both of them, she could not find it in her to resent him even a little. He deserves the attention and love Nyssa was to offer him. She just hopes there would still be left for her.

Slade managed to slip away from them, but Nyssa was able to kill Isabel Rochev, Slade's second in command. Having turned against killing, Oliver disagreed with her actions, but Nyssa told him that there are some battles that you just have to, and that he has to learn to kill again if he wants to win and save his city. Sara had the same opinion, when she told him that in order to defeat the unthinkable, he must be prepared to do the unthinkable.

Oliver was able to device a plan to take down Slade by using Felicity as bait. After Slade had kidnapped Laurel, knowing her to be the woman Oliver loved the most, they fed Slade information using a bug he had planted in the Queen mansion, saying that Oliver has to keep Felicity safe there because it was actually her that he loves. Then he was once again faced with the choice between two women he cared for, but this time, he had come prepared. Felicity stuck a needle with the antidote on Slade and they were able to apprehend him.

With Starling City safe from the hands of Slade Wilson, Sara had to make good on the promise she had made to Nyssa. She was to come back with them. Her father and sister were there to see her off and try to change her mind.

"You don't have to go back there, baby." Quentin tried to reason with her.

"I made a promise. It was to make sure you're safe. It was my decision, daddy. It's okay." She looked back at Nyssa, who was waiting for her as she said her goodbyes. She smiled thinking she was going back to where she felt she belonged.

She gave her jacket to her sister Laurel, telling her to keep it until they see each other again. She said her final goodbyes and went aboard the ship with Nyssa. Inside, Nate was waiting for them. He scoffed and sat silently on one side, when he saw them walking in hand in hand. Nyssa noticed his discomfort, but still sat beside him with Sara in tow.

Thinking of the circumstances, Sara felt like she was back on the island, when Oliver had to choose between saving her or Shado. It was what started all of Slade's rampage. Now, she felt like the gun was pointed back at her, and it was Nyssa who has to choose between her and Nate. And the worse part, she seems to be the one to hold the gun. She doesn't want to make her choose. It is unfair, because despite everything, if she asks, they all know Nyssa would choose her. She can't ask that of her, because it would hurt everyone involved all over again.

There she was, beating herself up again over the decisions she had made. She had to stop. They were all getting by, day by day. They were all okay, not in the best of terms but at least also not in the worst. She said she was happy. She should be happy for them, but still it hurt. She will endure. Her actions led to it anyway.