Dreams

Sara almost forgot to write a reply letter the night before, after she and Nyssa had finished studying. And she almost left it at home because she was so nervous about the test. She realized how much more nerve-racking it was that she had prepared and the possibility of her failing still there. She took a deep breath to calm herself. She opened her locker and didn't find a note. Good she thought, she wanted to leave hers before the guy.

Dear...YOU,

Yeah. I also can't think of a name to call you. So, tell me about those dreams? I've also dreamt of you. Well, sort of. Cause I still don't know what you look like, you're kind of like a shape shifter in my dreams. I imagine different types of you trying to guess. Maybe one of those guesses might be close to the real one. I hope I don't have to imagine anymore. Soon.

~Sara

"Hey! God! I've been studying all night and I don't know if something did get stuck in my brain. I think I'm going to be sick. I don't want to take the test."

Max walked up to Sara by her locker being dramatic and feigning sickness.

"You look awful."

Max had dark circles under her eyes.

"I know. And you look...nervous. But other than that you look...great. I hate you. What did you do? Didn't you study?" She was giving Sara an accusatory look.

"I did. With Nyssa."

"Oh. And?" Max tried to mask the jealousy with disinterest.

"I think I understood some. I just hope I don't forget."

"Oh. I hate you."

"You love me. And I didn't tell you to figure all those out on your own."

"Yeah. My mistake. Ben's notes are neat and very organized. He even put sticky papers to guide me."

"But?"

"It's freaking boring and difficult to understand nonetheless!"

"You should ask him to teach you. He'd do that. He likes you."

"Maybe. Or can't I just group study with you and Nyssa? It'll be more fun?"

Max was hoping. It will be like killing two birds with one stone. She'd get her studying in and get to spend time with Nyssa...well, and Sara. She loves her best friend and she knows she'll have to tell her eventually, so whatever goes.

"I don't know. It's kinda off when you put studying and fun together. It mostly ends up fun with you." Sara was a bit hesitant. She'd want to help Max but she considers those study sessions, if they were to continue, to be her and Nyssa's thing. It's weird that she's feeling kind of possessive about it. She just really enjoyed spending time with Nyssa. Just the two of them. "But, sure, I'll ask Nyssa."