Ta-er al-Sahfer

Weeks have gone by since Sara started with her training. She has been taught how to fight using various weapons and how to utilize her strength without them. She has been learning a number of different languages as well. She has learned how to keep herself alive at the same time how to take a life or break one. She hasn't gone down the crossroad of actually doing it since joining the league, but it was not like she has never done it before. Though circumstances are different, it would still be taking a life, after all the training she's doing, would the toll on her still be as heavy as it was then?

"You should choose a name." Nate opened a conversation as they sparred with bo staffs. It was one of Sara's favorite weapons. And she could easily beat most of the assassins in it.

"Yeah, about that. Why have a different name? I never got to ask."

"Your new name shall represent your rebirth to who you become as you join the league. You use that name and forget the one given to you at birth, because it represents the person you were that you should no longer be. It's like erasing all ties from your old life."

"But you're still being called Nate."

"Only by you and Nyssa. She does not want me to completely let go of who I was, and she doesn't want me to be the name I chose, at least to her."

"Why is that? What name?"

"Al-hami. The protector. I chose it because I want to be that for her, but of course, being who she is, she would not accept. To her, I will always be Nathaniel."

"You should know that that means more to her than you being Al-hami."

"I know."

"But you still want to live up to it."

"Of course. I shall be that overprotective friend."

"Even for me?"

"Maybe. I'll think about it."

Sara swiftly took him down by sweeping his feet with the staff.

"Okay! Okay! I'll be your overprotective friend. No need to be hard."

They both smiled. They would have laughed out loud if they both didn't have much control of their emotions already.

"She's beating you up." Nyssa interjected from behind them.

"You don't have to point it out that much." Nate said as he got up.

"Well, I am." Sara wrapped her arms around Nyssa's neck. "Hey, stranger."

"You wrap your arms around every stranger you meet?"

"Are you jealous?"

"I shall kill every single one of them. I missed you, my love."

Nyssa had just come back for being away for days on a mission.

"I was a bit lonesome."

"A bit?"

"Fine. I missed you a lot too." Sara snuggled up on Nyssa's neck and her body was pulled closer to hers.

"You are out in the open, ladies."

"Let's take this somewhere more private."

They made their way to the room they share. And in no time, their lips were locked in a passionate kiss. The hunger and longing they have for one another poured out into it. They broke apart for a moment to catch their breath.

"How have you been, my love?"

"Aside from missing you dearly, I'm doing well, I guess. I'm already used to the pain and aches. Except for the one I feel whenever you're away."