Lost to Her

Nothing could compare to thy beauty

Not even the Greek goddess Aphrodite

No words to explain it

It is the truth that I see

The gods may strike me

I shall not bow to thee

They cannot change my heart's beat

That will love you eternally

"It's no wonder you're falling for this one." Max chided Sara as she finished reading through all the other letters until this last open one.

"But isn't it crazy to just fall for someone's words?"

Sara had told her best friend about her growing feelings for her secret admirer, but of course she left out the part about being confused with her feelings about Nyssa. She and Nyssa are slowly getting back to their old ways and are getting more comfortable being around each other again. They have also begun studying and training, with some laughter, teasing, and flirting added to the mix every now and again.

"You're thinking about it too much. Just wait until you meet. Just a couple days more." Max seemed even more excited than Sara. Sara was excited but also as nervous as one could be in a situation like that.

"Yeah. You're right."

"So what's your plan on your birthday?"

"I don't know." Sara haven't been thinking about what to do on her birthday at all. She normally has plans already at this point, but her mind has been floating around lately, she hasn't gotten around on it.

"Can I have a go at it?" Max was hopeful that Sara would let her plan a party for her or maybe just a small get together. She wants to do something for her after how much she's helped her with Nyssa.

Sara looked at her suspisciously, then smiled. "Sure. Just make sure I don't regret it."

"I'll make it unforgetable." She hugged her friend in excitement.

------------------------------

Max met up with Rebecca and Nyssa to plan for Sara's party. Though Sara mostly spends the day of her birthday with her family, it doesn't mean they can't celebrate it some other time or day.

Nyssa didn't know why she was even there. She doesn't like parties or any type of social gatherings. And she has no idea what they were talking about.

Max and Rebecca fought over whether to make it big and grand or just intimate and simple. Max thought that a big glamorous party would take Sara's mind off things and would allow her to have fun, but Rebecca believed that a small intimate one is all that Sara needs right now. She doesn't need to be around a bunch of people who doesn't really care about her and some who she doesn't even know of. After making her point, Max agreed with her and so did Nyssa.

They quickly went through with the planning with ease, making compromises on things they don't actually agree on. They said their goodbyes and agreed to meet up again to make the final preparations.

Max walked alongside Nyssa as they made their way to their rides.

"Heading home?"

"Yeah. Sara's waiting. We have training today."

"Oh. Do you mind if I watch?"

Nyssa just wanted another chance to be alone with Sara. Just the two of them. Though there are times that they don't talk, knowing that the other is there with them, at their side, was enough for both. She really wanted to say no, but didn't want to seem rude or anything.