Chapter Thirty Seven

Despite it being openly known that I'm gay... and infertile... and taken....

I still had many admirers who always watched me from afar. Ot honestly got worse after Liam passed.

Which meant people were over analyzing everything when it came to me.

Unfortunately.

I was summoned to do recruitment, which meant a public training group. And that meant I wore a loose fitting shirt that showed off basically my entire upper body.

And even some soldiers seemed distracted by my physique.

I understood it.

Liam and I actually had similar builds. And I was very much attracted to him and his body. And Damon. He was well built, but that anyone ever really saw it, but I was attracted to him and his body too.

So I understood.

"Now, if you could all stop staring at my ass and start sparring, that would be great."

Everyone panicked, even onlookers.

I caught Damon's eye as he sat with his brothers and sister, and he seemed pretty entertained by the whole ordeal.

Well, why not give him a show?

So I let the soldiers and awkward wannabes soldiers spar for a bit, before grabbing a sword myself.

"Alright! I propose a challenge for all of you," I exclaimed loudly, causing every eye to fall on me. "You all have training swords, the first one to hit me with it can have one request. I will fulfill it the best to my abilities."

Eager eyes stared at me as I saw their ideas race through their heads.

"And to make this more fun," I tossed my sword into the nearby wall and pulled off my shirt. Using the sword to make a makeshift blindfold. "I'll give myself a disadvantage. I walked to my spot and sat down, eyes focused on me. "First person to beat me wins. Anyone can participate."

I mentally set up one of my game abilities.

'Mana eyes'

With it, I could see the world around me.

It had been awhile since I'd bothered with my game abilities, but I thought it would be fitting.

I glanced Damon's way, and he had a crooked smile on his face as if planning something.

He probably was, knowing him.

I could sense the first guy approaching me and stood up, watching him near.

"Where's your sword solider?" I asked. And the guy stilled and ran away.

Though the next brought his sword and I quickly disarmed him, holding it to his neck. The next few guys were pretty to disarm, and I took a few down.

This went on for awhile, no one being able to land a single finger on me.

And then, Damon was in front of me. With his very real sword.

Playing it that way. Still, I handicapped myself for a reason.

I sighed his attacks and tried to disarm him to no avail, but he wasn't able to land a hit. I actually got pretty close, but was sent sprawling backwards when he tripped me with his sword. He tilted my head up with it.

"Is this payback for last time?"

"Just showing you I've improved."

"I can tell," I snarked.