Chapter Thirty Four

It wasn't long before Damon, Leon and Finn found me to talk about what I mentioned.

I was at the castle and they dragged me to a private room and sat me down.

"You know it's been quite awhile since I lived in my past life."

"But you keep all your memories, right?" Finn prodded.

I sighed, leaning back in the chair they sat me in.

"It's not a big deal. Some people are shit and I didn't have these amazing abilities in my past life. I was chubbier, no real muscle and no backbone to stand up for myself."

"So, it's a shitty experience no matter what," Leon assured. "You've done a lot to open our eyes Isaiah. Because if you, I've looked at what sometimes happens among the soldiers and realize it's not alright. you respect people more than others and it's admirable."

"What happens among the soldiers?" Damon asked curiously.

Leon shrugged, "bad things. The assaulters are sent to jail and banned from the army." He turned to me, "so we aren't here to judge."

"I didn't think you would," I assured. "It's weird to talk about since I never told Devon or Liz about it. Liz was there that night and I just never told her and Devon was dead. I couldn't tell him."

"They were reincarnated?" Leon muttered.

"I thought I said that, guess not."

Damon got back to the point, "we won't force you to talk about it if you don't want to."

"Well, it doesn't really feel like my story anymore, since it's been so long and another life. But, I guess I should get it out at least once."

The three nodded and sat back and watched me, listening intently.

"Well, in my previous life, I loved someone and they died. I was so hung up in the whole ordeal that I didn't actively search for anyone. Liz encouraged me to at least go to Gay bars, which were places men and women would interact with men and women who liked the same sex. So I'd go. Unfortunately, every community has a good and bad side. And one day, I happened to run into the bad side."

It was weird talking about it, but they were listening, not saying anything, not judging.

I got this.

"I was used to crude jokes, it was gross , but I just didn't have courage to cuss them out like Liz did. And one night, she got swept on the dance floor and I stayed at the bar. While I was there, some guy drugged my drink. I felt sick and went to the bathroom and he followed. I can't really recall anything else from that night besides puking my guts out and another guy consoling me while I cried. I didn't know how to tell anyone, so I just went on with life and vowed to never date."

"Never date?" Finn pressed.

"I was scared of men. I didn't want to be intimate with them. And since I'm not attracted to women, I just couldn't see myself being happy. Obviously, things changed when I was reborn. I knew the character, I could be stronger, be better, and then more I lived his life, the more I became him. And I felt strong again. But I was still scared. Then I met Damon and the fear left me."

"And you got a crush on him," Finn snickered.

"Yeah. And while I never show it, sometimes, those fears still bubble up in me. When Liam was around, he'd know how to calm me down, make me feel safe. I never told him, but I think the me in the his new reality will. If it ever happens."

Damon smiled sadly, and I realized it was because I brought up Liam. I wanted to reach out for him, but I wasn't sure if he wanted me to.

Fuck it.