Chapter Nineteen

Honestly, nothing quite exciting happened after I got engaged. It was just meeting after meeting for future battles.

Very few people even knew Liam and I were together, much less engaged, and we didn't care to mention anything.

Besides a few exceptions, only close family and friends knew.

We were fine with that. No one needed to meddle in our affairs.

Though, when the law passed, allowing same sex marriages, everyone knew i was getting married. They just didn't know to who. And that was fine with me.

It was surprising to see how many people got married in that time frame.

And time went in without issue. My twenty third birthday passed, and we reached the wedding day soon after.

The emperor had us throw it in the large banquet hall and everything.

Which brings me to where I was.

"Isaiah, you'll be fine. You love him and he loves you," Liz assured.

I nodded, "I know that. It's just that... officially, he'll be my husband. Which means he'll move into the manor with me, share a room with me."

"Have you two never slept in the same room?" Devon asked.

Damon snorted from besides me, "unless you count the tents, no. Even then, it was always separate beds."

"That does explain it," Devon muttered. "To think Liam would be your first for everything. Except first love. But I digress."

I smiled at that, feeling heat at my cheeks, "I'm blessed to have him. It doesn't change that everything is going to change. He'll be my husband."

Everyone smiled with me. Damon's smile was a bit sadder, but it was there. It made me recall what Liam said...

But I told Liam the truth. Even if Damon confessed to me, it was too late. I moved on.

Everyone could tell that much.

So I just ignored it. Damon didn't say anything, and neither did I.

"Oh, ceremony is about to start, you should head out," Liz warned.

With that, all of us scurried to where we needed to be, and I met Liam up at the alter, where the Emperor stood, prepared to officiate our wedding.

And we went through the I do's that were only slightly different from my past lives. Our smiles wide on our faces, displaying affection neither of us showed in front of others.

It probably caught a few off guard.

And we led to the vows, and Liam was just as fishy as ever. "Despite the fact that our first meeting was me insulting you, you took a chance and became my friend. I thought I was okay with being only a friend, but then you said you loved me and ever since then, I haven't wanted to let go. So you're mine until death do us part. I wouldn't give you up for anything in the world. I love you."

And then, it was me. "No matter what happened, You were always there. When I was depressed, you kicked down the door and helped me get better. When I told you I liked men, you didn't bat an eye and supported me. And every day, I couldn't help falling for you, but by bit. You make me feel safe, and you make me happy. Nothing will ever change that. I love you."

"You may kiss the groom," the emperor announced, loud and joyful.

Liam grabbed my lapels and pulled me into a kiss. We both melted into it, for however brief it was.

It was Intimate and something no one had ever seen from us.

But the room filled with only family and our friends cheered, echoing in the hall.

And when we went to our reception, the speeches were something I was quite looking forward to.

Damon started, "Isaiah is a great man. He takes everything in stride and looks for the best in everyone. When I was an absolute ass to him, he didn't act an eye. He forgave me despite it all. No better man for him than Liam. They make an attractive pair. I wish them a happy life."

The emperor made a speech about what you'd expect. Leon talked about how happy he was for his brother. Then came my own father.

"My son makes me proud every day. And there is no day that made me prouder then when he told me he liked men. When he trusted me and let me know something he didn't tell anyone else. He deserves love and I'm glad he found someone to share it with. Welcome to the family Liam!"

And the two of us danced the night away, switching who led every so often.

From that day on, Liam and I would be Mr and Mr Reynolds. Liam would still surprise his last name when he was fighting so soldiers didn't confuse it. But he was my husband now, and nothing made me happier.

The emperor himself was our witness, no one could say it was a lie or a joke.

This was real. Liam's smile and laughter, that was real. The way his breath splayed across my exposed skin when he laughed? That made him so much more alive in each and every moment.

And it was no surprise that gods came to bless me. But their names were a blur. Just a sea of beautiful faces and wonderful blessings.

Honestly, I just hoped they all finished so i wouldn't have a distraction from the rest of my life with Liam.

The whole day seemed to pass me by in a blur. All I really recalled or cared to recall was how Liam was besides me. How he became my light in this strange reality.

I got to have something I couldn't in my past life. I was able to break to rules and get it. Other people could marry who they'd like because I had the chance to sway the emperor.

And no matter what happened after we married, I wouldn't regret a second. This was something I could never regret.

And as the day dwindled off, all I could think of was how much I loved Liam, how I cared for him.

And from the way he looked at me, I could tell her felt the same.