Chapter Forty Three

Parties outside the royal palace were always strange. And I was still expected to dress nicely. So I decided to wear a gift from Damon to the party.

A dark, velvety corset vest that brought out my attractive frame and figure. Damon honestly just wanted to see me in one, so I gladly decided to wear it to our first party as a couple. I wore a black button up with silver embellishments on it and black dress pants to accompany the vest.

I was an attractive eye piece. And Damon always looked attractive as is. He was wearing one of the more royal outfits with more gaudy gold embellishments, but I thought it suited him.

"Every time we go anywhere, I'm forever great full that people are too scared of you to attempt to hurt me. Meaning I won't have to bother with guards while I'm here," Damon admitted.

I chuckled a bit as we approached the manor in our carriage, "we have the gods and my overpowered mana to thank for that."

As we pulled to a stop, he got out, offering a hand to me. I chuckled as I took it, getting down with him. He held my hand as we said goodbye to our carriage for now and headed into the manor. We were a bit late, but that was because I had to pick up Damon before coming here.

We weren't too late, just behind the rest of the guests.

The manor hosting the party was actually Liz's family. She had gotten engaged a while back and announced the engagement not long after ours. Probably to normalize it. Her fiancée looked quite beautiful, like Liz herself, and I wished them both happiness.

Despite her inviting a plethora of openly queer people, she couldn't not invite certain nobles, so some people there were not... happy with any of the engagement. Us appearing wouldn't help much.

And from what I was aware, my family should've already been there after grabbing Leon since he lived closer to us then Damon lived to us.

As we walked the hall to the ballroom, smiling at the staff we'd seen plenty of times before, all equally glad for us there, we braved ourselves as they got ready to announce us.

The one most awkward thing at all parties that was never missed.... the announcements of guests.

"Now entering Duke Reynolds and Crown Prince Damon Ravenbard."

"It's so strange hearing my own last name," Damon joked as eyes watched us. We stood close, so our intimacy seemed rather obvious. As we entered, we were eyed warily as we glided across the floor to Liz. Devon was hanging out with her and her fiancée.

"You guys are late," she joked, smiling at us.

"Not our intention. Damon still lives too far away," I joked back.

She gestured to her fiancée, "I know you already met her Isaiah, but prince Damon, this is my fiancée lady Diana Arielle."

Damon grabbed her hand, pressing a kiss to the back of it, "a pleasure to meet you. You seem lovely. Both Isaiah and I wish you happiness."

"Oh! Thank you!" She exclaimed awkwardly. "We heard about your own engagement, congratulations!"

"Truly, congrats. The heart eyes were getting old," Devon teased.

Liz elbowed him lightly but giggled herself. "This party is full of people who support you two, spare for a few nobles we had to invite to be polite."

"Glad we're in good company then." Damon looked around to see if he saw anyone else. "Did you want to go to your family?"

I glanced to where he glanced and saw my sister flirting up a storm with a few female nobles as my brothers and dad were relaxing and talking with another gay couple and Leon was relaxing with a friend with drinks and a lesbian couple.