Chapter Fifty

We slept in that day, waking only for lunch. Damon grabbed it for us and we ate lunch on the long couch that rested near the entrance to the room. We laid with each other, spending most together the day relaxing, reading. All that.

In fact, that's how we spent out whole week. Relaxing. Though at night we were a bit more... indecent.

And when they week ended, we had another in a countryside vila that we'd be staying at, where Damon could still work but be away from most prying eyes.

Since Damon left me covered in hickeys, I wore a high collared shirt with a tall turtle neck to hide any blemishes. So we looked fairly put together, dignified as we made our way to the destination spot, happily saying goodbye to his family as we left.

The vila was extremely isolated, protected with guards, stocked with servants and had a wonderful view. So no matter where we went, there's be somewhere nearby watching us.

Which was annoying, but I understood why. It did mean I couldn't walk around in my usual clothing, since I had to hide my hickeys. Technically I didn't have to, but it was more proper to hide them.

Damon found it funny and teased me when there were no prying eyes. How did he tease me? By marking up my body even more and making me cum over and over again, trying to keep my voice down.

As it was, we were three days into the trip and it was a rather hot day.

I was suffering.

"We're married, it won't be the end of the world if anyone sees hickeys," Damon teased, sitting in his loose fitting shirt, looking comfortable. He did have a few slightly visible hickeys himself, but it was nothing compared to what he left on me.

"I know. It just feels... inappropriate to show anyone else."

Damon wrapped his arms around me holding me close as he nosed up my neck, where he knew My skin was littered. "I don't care what others think. Those marks show the world you're mine."

I felt heat rush to my face, "fine, I'll go change then."

"Good."

And so I switched to a similar shirt to Damon's. My neck was extremely purple from the hickeys Damon left, and he seemed proud about how they stained my skin. As I glanced in the mirror in our bedroom, I could see how I must've looked to others.

I was still very much put together, but because of the hickeys, my wild hair, and my overly relaxed state, my sex appeal shot up.

If the people of the kingdom saw me, I'd never be able to live it down. I'd need to ask someone to teach me to use makeup to cover it.

"Did you want to get some food then, I finished up my work for the day," Damon informed.

"Being married to you made me realize that I have so little to do," I joked. "But yes, I'm hungry."

Damon chuckled as we took each other's arms to head to lunch, which would be a lovely picnic outside.

I saw eyes dart to my neck and shoulders before darting away, smart enough not to say anything.

As we sat outside, enjoying tea and the lunch prepared for us, Damon wasn't afraid of showing his affection. Playfully kissing at my cheeks and neck.

I didn't mind it at all, which he realized as he fed me food and I fed him some too. I swear I could see the soldiers trying their best not to stare.

"It's still hard to believe we're married now," he said softly, brushing hair out of my face.

"I know," I agreed, grabbing hold of his hand as he cupped my face. "But I'm happy. Each day had been a dream so far."

He got a mischievous grin on his face, and I knew immediately I'd feel flushed by his next choice of words. "And our nights? Everything you could've hoped for?"

Yup. Heat flushed my body at those words. "You're talented I'm many things I wouldn't have expected."

"Good to hear. I hope I can please you in many other ways in the future."

"You're embarrassing, you know that?" I joked, leaning into his hand.

He just kept smiling and closed the distance between us, imitating a long, drawn out kiss, our eyes closed. It was sweet, tender, and full of love. I fell back as he leaned forward, the two of us laughing as the sun baked down on us.

"For the rest of my life, I'll love you with all my heart," I promised sweetly, cupping his cheek.

"And I'll love you for the rest of mine."

It was very much a blossoming warmth that flooded my body, made me feel so deeply loved. Loved in a way I hadn't felt in awhile. In that year I was alone, I didn't know what would become of me. Than Damon came, and showed me love again.

This reborn life brought me many things I never dreamed I'd have. I'd remain thankful for all of it. Thankful that I was loved throughout my entire life, by family, friends, everyone.

And this person, who smiled so blindly at me, as if the only person in this world was me and him, he loved me so purely, so sweetly, so hungrily, wanted everything and to give me anything and everything.

I was blessed.

"Is our picnic over?" I asked softly, eyes trailing over his body and to his face.

He seemed to catch it, and his eyes dragged over my body, meeting my eyes with his own piercing ones. "My work is done, and we can always have dinner brought to our room later. If you wanted to stay inside."

"If we stayed inside, would you keep me warm?"

He chuckled, moving to lean close to my ear, "I'll have you screaming in ecstasy as I rearrange your guts."

I bit back a groan, "you don't play fair your highness."

"Not when it comes to you." He sat up, getting to his feet and offering me a hand. "Shall we go inside darling?"

Yup, he really didn't play fair. I took his hand and he pulled me to my feet, the two of us standing close for a moment before packing up our things. The staff rushed over and took over, despite our insistence.

"No, no, you two relax, it's your honeymoon. We'll call you for dinner."

"Ah, could you actually just bring it to our room? We plan on relaxing there for a bit," Damon asked.

The servants exchanged a knowing look before glancing at me. "Would you like tea with your dinner. We can add honey since it's good for sore throats."

Both Damon and I flushed bright red at the knowing insulation.

"Please enjoy your rest," they spoke before walking off.

I groaned and leaned into him, "I thought we were quiet."

"They're probably just making assumptions. After all, it's strange to imagine the reversal when I'm the emperor." He paused and looked at me, my neck, "you're also slathered in hickeys."

Right. Forgot about that. "That's... fair, I suppose. Let's go rest."

And we walked arm and arm back to our room.