Chapter Eleven

I was forced to stay at the back of the charge, at least until we fought.

I expected as much.

But, something interesting happened at the end of the battle.

We discovered a golden clad figure, cast in a Heavenly light. They sat on a tree stump, watching us. And I approached, offering out a hand, not quite seeing them.

The figure smiled, taking it, morphing to look like... Devon?

Devon from my past life. Not his current one.

Then it shifted to the prince, then flickered like Liam before resting on a new one.

I seemed to be the only one to catch it.

The figure looked male, darker skinned with the biggest dimples, face splattered in dark freckles. Their eyes were honey, warm and inviting and their hair was in tight braids, pulled into a ponytail that went to their thigh. He wore loose robes that exposed his chest, splattered with more dark freckles.

This had to be a god.

He was much to pretty.

"Ah. I see. It's been awhile since I looked like this," the man chuckled, his face warm as he smiled at me. "My child, you are a pure soul. Why do you seem so sad? May I look?"

I found myself nodding as his hand slid up my arm and grabbed it before the elbow. He closed his eyes, taking in everything, the smile slipping from his face as he looked.

"My child, you deserve much more than I've seen. These tears of yours should be happy ones."

"To love without hurt is the not love at all. When I find the one, I'll love without fear."

"But my child, you have found the right one! He will love you, and cherish you more than anything or anyone in this life. You have many people who want to love you, but are scared to show it. Let me offer you a glimpse."

My brain flashed a scene, and it dragged me in.

I held a child in my arms. They were so small, and held onto my shirt so tightly.

To think, I was able to adopt such a child.

"She fell asleep?" I glanced over, and saw the love of my life, smiling. I couldn't make out his features, but his smiled was so warm.

He walked over, and wrapped his arms around me, "come on, put her down so we can sleep."

"Alright." I turned to the baby, kissing her forehead before moving to set them in the crib, a maid waving us goodbye as we left.

A child?

I could adopt one?

It was blurry, but it was so warm.

"You will find that happiness one day. I hope it is soon." He let go of my arm but instead held my hand, flipping it over and kissing the backside of it. "I give you my blessing. I am the god of good fortune and love, Amor , I hope you prosper."

The man vanished into thin air, and i stumbled a bit, feeling dizzy.

Liam rushed over, helping me stand straight. "Who was that?"

As I came to my senses, everyone surrounding me, I just smiled giddily, "he showed me my future. It was just a glimpse but I was happy. I have a kid and a husband... Liam, I get that. I get to have that."

He softened a bit, "that good, huh?"

"Yes! I couldn't make out any of the faces, but I felt so happy. He said he was Amor, and he blessed me. But, I just can't wait to get there."

"Amor? That's the god of Good Fortune and Love. He blessed you?" Damon asked, almost frustrated.

I nodded, "I'm still a bit dizzy from the exchange."

"Ah, he does tend to do that. His blessing is rather strong."

Another figure.

The soldiers, Damon, Finn, Liam and I watched a tall, slender woman appear. She looked like Amor, buff arms, freckled skin. A beautiful women I suppose.

"Pardon my appearance. My brother blessed someone, so I had to see who."

She approached, everyone clearing a path for her. Liam still held me up, and the goddess seemed pleased by it.

"My child, you are so pure! I haven't seen anyone like you in a millennia! I can see why he blessed you. Child, may I ask your name?"

"Isaiah Reynolds," I got out, baffled by her.

"What a wonderful name." She cupped my face in her hands, smiling at me. "I see a angel in you. You fight for who you love and never stop reaching a hand out. Even if it hurts, you love and you love. You fight until your ribs hurt. My child, you are a gift."

I didn't know what to say.

"I give you a blessing. No harm will ever befall you. If anyone dares to harm you intentionally, they will face my wrath." Her eyes flared red and she pressed a kiss to my forehead, smiling. "My name is Aria, and I'm the goddess of Strategy and Strength. Use my name if you need me child."

And in a flash of light, she vanished.

Everyone was left a bit dazed.

"Pure hearted? Why sort of bullshit is that?"

Liam wordlessly let go of me after I got properly on my feet and turned to Damon. "Isaiah worked his ass off for you. He turned down everything the king offered for you. He was willing to die to appease you. He was willing to suffer for a lifetime for you. Get off your high horse prince Damon. Isaiah is the only reason the king even favors you. He'd ditch you for Isaiah at a moments notice, and the reason he doesn't is because he loves you. Of course he's pure hearted."

"How dare you?"

I grabbed Liam's arm, "let's just go. The battle is over. This isn't the time to fight."

Liam clenched his jaw, glaring at the ground, but nodded, turning to Damon once more. "The kingdom will fall if you rule it. And one day, you'll realize that Isaiah was the best thing in your life, and you tossed that away."

"You act like you're in love with him!" Finn smeared.

Liam continued to glare, "of course I love him. It's not romantic, but he's my friend. I care about him. He saved me, he saved you, he saves who he cans because he's able to. Love isn't something chained to one thing. So I'm not afraid to say it. You'll never find it."

And he walked off with me. The soldiers followed us, leaving Finn, Damon and their guards in the dust.

"Thanks for standing up for me," I said softly.

"You're my best friend, of course I would."

My heart happily skipped a beat.

Oh.

Oh.

So that's the reason he shifted into Liam.

It hurt.

My chest hurt.

Love so soon?

No...

Not yet.