Chapter Fifty Three

After many nobles and one of the princes were banished, a statement was released to the public as to why, and that was it.

Over the next week, Damon's be I settled into a married life in the castle. We'd work together on laws and go to meetings and everything in between. We still weren't together all the time, since as his spouse, I had separate responsibilities, but we saw each other enough.

I carried myself as I should, but every once in awhile, in the short times back, I got bored of the stuffiness and would go out and train.

Damon knew I'd do this, he didn't care that I did. He'd find me each and every time. And after a few days back, I realized that unless we had guests or I was going to dinner with the royal family, I wasn't going to cover the hickeys Damon gave me.

It was too fucking hot for that.

Seeing as soldiers had to watch over me, despite the fact I could care for myself, they found themselves a bit struck by just how many there were.

It was a lot, but Damon was possessive.

And every night, even if we weren't having sex, he marked me up. I really liked it, so I never stopped him. Though I should definitely try to get him to not mark me up in a place that's visible.

He probably wouldn't listen, but it was a thought.

I fought training dummies for awhile, not keeping track of the time, not caring for it. I only stopped when Damon wrapped his arms around me, making me aware of how dark it had gotten.

"You're sweaty," he joked, nosing into my bruised neck.

"I was training. It's bound to happen," I remind, relaxing at his touch.

Damon chuckled. "I suppose. You need to bathe before we eat."

"Alright," I said, storing my weapon. Damon moved to hold my hand, which I took, the two of us heading back to our room to run a bath.

Said bath was relaxing, and may have taken longer than necessary because Damon got handsy. Bit that I minded.

Dinner was only us tonight. Father in law had moved out, to a separate villa just outside of the capital with it's own surplus of guards. It wasn't the usual, but he seemed to prefer it.

The second prince and the princess were attending a social event, so they couldn't come. So it was just Damon and I. We didn't need to speak much, just content with each other's company.

It was overall peaceful, our marriage. And as Damon and I worked on laws together, we spent each night wrapped in each other's arms.

It was so wonderful and warm.

Dinners were wonderful, family or not. It meant we had more time to spend together. More times to be free with our relationship.

It was something I wasn't quite used too. Liam and I had been open with family and friends, but not to everyone, and kept pda to a minimum.

With Damon... he didn't care the time or place, he wanted to show how much he loved me.

Which was a bit extreme at times, but I still adored him.

"So, I actually have been thinking about this for awhile.... did you want kids in the future?" Damon asked as he finished up his meal.

I was a bit surprised, but nodded. "I've wanted kids for a bit. Before, there really wasn't any time. And as you know, war is no place to raise a kid."

"Oh, you and Liam talked about it?" He questioned curiously.

Again, I nodded. "I've always wanted kids. I just didn't find the right time before." It's hard to find the right time. And it was probably for the best. "But I do want kids someday."

"I do too. I told you about putting the adoption law into affect, and it should be pretty soon. Maybe after the people get more used to us as leaders... we could adopt ourselves."

My heart felt warm, and I just smiled dopely, content with this, my life. "I'd like that. I want a family with you.

His eyes darkened for a moment, a look I recognized. My poor neck was going to stay marked for awhile, wasn't it?

Though the moment passed, and he returned to a calm, giddy smile, reaching out for me and, which I took eagerly.

"I've always wanted a big family, bigger than my own, what about you?"

I returned his giddy smile, remaining rather playful, "a big family sounds wonderful."

If the soldiers could see what heat Damon's eyes contained, they'd probably melt rather quickly.

Despite Damon and I being gay, it didn't mean their weren't primal desires that we were subject to. And it seemed that Damon was in full baby making mode.

He'd hold back while we were eating at least.

I should request some tea for the morning.

We finished up our meal and as servants came to clean up, I made my request.

"Could you bring ginseng tea with honey to our room for breakfast tomorrow?"

"Lunch. I have a feeling we won't make breakfast," Damon corrects cooly. I hid the pleased shiver that ran right down my spine.

The servants shared a quick look, knowing. "Of course. Have a good rest your highnesses. Glory to the empire."

As they rushed off, Damon got up and went to me, pulling me to my feet and gracefully pulling me to him.

I was a. Strong military leader, but I was very much pliant in the hands of the man I loved.

It was obvious everyone knew which position the two of us played behind closed doors, not that they'd ever say anything or think lesser of either of us for it.

In fact, the amount of gifts I had gotten from Staff only increased with each passing day. And tea with honey was very much common between meals.

Sweets worked their way into my passing time, and simply just really small touching things that made my life easier and my throat was sore.

As we walked to our room, I internally weeped for my throat, knowing it would be rubbed raw with my screaming.