Chapter Fifteen

During our whole trip to King Woods kingdom, Finn and Damon didn't speak to us. Which was fine, better than calling us digits ring or whatnot. Liam and I talked about our own things.

"Alright, we have quite a few gods left. So, test time, name the remaining gods and what they have domain over," he quizzed.

"There's the twins Kya and Korta, god and goddess of earth and seas. Kya controls the waves and tides and the creatures in the ocean. Korta controls plants and the animals that take residence on it."

"Good, next?"

"Husband and wife Vitna and Cyra. Vitna is the god of night and stars to bring the end to the day. His wife Cyra is the goddess of day and brings end to night and beginning of a new dawn."

"The triplets next."

"Ein, Zwe, and Dro. Ein is the god of Music and muses. Zwe the Goddess of art and plays. Dro the god of Written word and creative thought. They often bless together."

"You're doing quite well," Liam complimented, smiling tenderly.

"I have a great teacher. Which brings me to the god who blessed you at birth. "Xiv. God of tragedy and revenge."

He nodded. "I'm often surrounded by it but never directly involved. Seems to be the length of their blessing."

"There has to be more to it."

"Xia is a god of second chances. You are given another chance," Finn informed, breaking the silence.

We both nodded at that.

"What about magical deities?" Finn asked me.

"Are you referring to destiny? Alma, Ora, and Yvin. Alma picks the strings, Ora winds them. And yvin picks where to cut it."

"Yes," he confirmed. "Continue with your testing."

I nodded and continued listing gods and goddesses out.

"Toera is the god of magic and mana. Hotres is the god of protection and Fertility. Rilac is the god(dess) of birthgiving and wine. Interesting mix. Minervia isn't the goddess of tricks and deceit. Pletori, goddess of fire and blacksmithing."

"We can stop for now. You've covered the major gods and a lot of minor ones."

As he said that, we pulled up at the edge of the city of Lenore. It was the capital of Gavaria. We rode our horses to the palace, and the guards let us in without any hassle.

I wondered why until we reached the meeting room and Elliot was waiting for us. Timmothy besides him.

Well, spares is the trip.

"Ah, always a pleasure to see you lord Reynolds," Elliot greeted. He didn't say anything to the others.

"Interesting to see the both of you here," I mentioned.

Tim smiled joyously, "my kingdom and King Woods kingdom have allied together. We thought we needed to be strong to help side you in your battles!"

"Oh, so you know why we're here then," Damon asked.

"Of course. A small child decided to pay a visit and tell us. She said she visited you not to long ago."

"Jinora? We saw her at a meeting a week ago."

A week of awkward nights. Finn and Damon shared a tent with Liam and I, and all of use just pretended the others weren't there.

"Yes. The empire is a strong beacon across the countries. We are happy to lend a hand to it," Elliot confirmed.

"Well, then we'll be having meetings to cre-"

"With that out of the way, how have you been Isaiah?" Elliot asked.

"I am taken. In a relationship. I'm not into you your highness."

Liam let out a sigh of relief, "glad you said that before i burst a blood vessel. Your highness, please leave my partner alone."

The two were taken aback by the bold declaration. But Elliot nodded, understanding immediately. "I had no idea he was taken. I apologize."

"No worries, you didn't know," Liam assured kindly.

He was a pretty jealous lover, though it was endearing In a way.

"Either way, we plan to fight with you. It would be in our best interests to all ally together," Elliot assured.

"Three of five guys thirsting first you, you have some game!"

Another god, not surprising.

This one was a bit lighter skinned, with a slightly yellow undertone to their complexion. They had a bright smile and almond shaped eyes with a monolid. The eyes were almost black to match his hair, and he wore armor. Good for him.

Somehow, I knew who he was.

Hotres.

"I feel like you gods need bells so we don't startle."

"Possibly." He smiled boldly as he looked at me. "Everything about you is interesting. If gods weren't forbidden from being with mortals, a few of us would definitely be tempted."

I felt the tension in my brows increase and Hotres just laughed.

"I simply came to bless you like the others. I'm sure as you've noticed, we bestow our blessings through a kiss of sorts."

"I do not care if you are a god, try and kiss me and you will get punched."

He laughed quite loudly, "bold threat. But I understand. May I have your hand to bestow the blessing?"

I sighed and offered it. He pressed a kiss to the knuckles and vanished into thin air.

"You are protected by Hotres," were the last words he whispered.

I sighed at turned to Liam, "this is never going to end. I'm grateful, but they do choose strange times."

Liam chuckled a bit, "you attract strange things."

"Since all of you are here, you should stay the night, enjoy a feast with us!" Elliot suggested boldly.

Tim actually agreed, "I'd love to catch up with how you have all been!"

I didn't particularly mind staying, but it wasn't up to me.

"I'm not too sure..." Damon muttered.

"We can put you all into rooms together or separately if you'd like," Elliot assured.

"I don't personally mind either way myself. Never shared a room before, unless you count sharing a Tent," I mentioned.

Everyone besides Liam seemed surprised by that.

"What? I like my privacy. And inviting someone to my room is a foreign concept."

Liam shook his head, "they just don't get you anymore. But I'm the same. So either way, I'll be fine if we do decide to stay."

"I suppose it's alright," Damon relented. "I'd like to request we get four rooms all by each other.

"Alright, no problem, I'll see to it."