Chapter Thirteen

The banquet was boring as always. Liam remained by my side, now with Lady Elizabeth, it Liz. Liam's brother was by us as well, as well as my cousins Devon.

Devin knew Liz was Lisa, so the two were pretty close.

I lost Damon and Finn, but life wasn't over.

And since I was over Damon, I realized something else. Damon was ignorant, not homophobic. He I let reacted violently because I loved him. If it had been Liam, he would've said he didn't understand, but said nothing else.

He'll get better. Not everyone does, but i knew him. He wasn't hateful.

"My, my husband said you were a looker, but I had to see for myself. I'm lady Annus. May I have this dance?"

Okay, what in the Markiplier, crank game plays bullshit is this?

I kid. So if her husband was life, she must've been death. An interesting twist in the taleZ life was usually a women and death was usually a man. But good on them for not following that.

"Of course." I followed her to the dance floor, and we happily danced.

"I see you guessed my goddesshood?"

I nodded, "goddess of death, right?"

"Yes," she confirmed. "Death and relationships. The beginning and end." She looked a lot like her Daughter Nia. A beautiful women with dark ebony skin and a wonderful set of curls that she let loose. She was a white gown, slim fitting and very bright. She was obviously a modest goddess with no jewelry on her at all.

"You're a wonderful dancer," I complimented.

She threw her head back and laughed, "youre a sweetheart dear. Tonight is important, and I wish you well. I give you my blessing to choose. I wish you a happy life my child." She pressed a kiss to my cheek. As the song hit the end, she burst into golden light and vanished. I smiled up at the sky.

What a wonderful family.

It was then the emperor and the prince arrived. They had saw the burst of light as they were announced, everyone bowing to the royals.

They both sat at their thrones, Damon glaring at his feet.

"Lord Reynolds, could you come froward?"

I walked over and kneeled in front of them.

"It has come to my attention that my son has been quite rude to you. You are my best soldier and a very important noble, so I apologize for his behavior."

I stood up, "your majesty, it's in the past. I understand him. He's not hateful, maybe ignorant, but I can't fault him for his reaction to me."

"Oh, why is that?"

"I loved the prince, and told him such. He rejected me. He only acted in such a way because it was me. Had I confessed to someone else, he would not have taken issue. He is a wonderful prince and will make a fantastic ruler when he is older."

"You loved the prince?"

"I did. I do. But I don't want to be with him any more. I realized I moved on. I want the chance to be happy, and I think he deserves that too, where that leads either of us. So I forgive his rudeness. Even if he doesn't wish it, I still hope to be his friend."

The emperor was a bit surprised at that. But yet, he smiled, "you're an interesting one. The gods seem to agree. Alright, have a wonderful rest of your night."

"Thank you your highness." I bowed once again to rejoined my friends.

"Is it alright to forgive him?" Liam asked.

I nodded, a small smile on my face, "he is a good ruler. He's just temporary blinded. Anger won't let him move on either."

"I suppose your right, I still would be upset myself," Liam admitted.

It was fair to think so. But I wanted to move on. "I'm going for a stroll in the garden, Anyone want to join?"

They all shook their heads.

"I'll go," Liam informed. "I could use the fresh air."

The pair of us headed out, and walked about. Somehow, we found ourselves by the koi pond. The same koi pond I had been rejected at before.

We stopped there, watching the pond and the stars.

"Liam, can I tell you something?"

He glanced over, smiling quite a bit, "of course."

I took a deep breath, "I didn't figure it out until recently, but... I love you."

He stilled, and I was worried I fucked it up again. I watched red pinch his face, the smiled melting into a dopey grin.

"Really?"

"Yes really. I love you. I feel safe with you and I'm myself with you. I like the idea of being with you quite a bit. You make me happy."

"Isaiah, I-" he walked over, grabbed the lapels of my suit and yanked my into a kiss, a loud bang going off in the background. We pulled apart to see fireworks going off behind us. Guests probably moved outside to see them. Liam got my attention again, "I love you too."

And then he kissed me again. I wrapped my arms around his waist and he held me there.

When we pulled apart, we were giggling.

"I thought I'd never had a chance since you liked girls, then it was because you liked prince Damon... I love you so much."

That long? I really didn't deserve him.

Time felt nonexistent while I was with him.

We did have to head back, and we slipped back in without anyone noticing a thing.

To think Liam felt the same... gods, that made me happy.

"Ah, it's pretty late. Should we all head home?" Leon suggested.

"I actually have things to talk about with Isaiah, so I will stay at his manor tonight," Liam informed.

Leon nodded, "all right then. I'll see you tomorrow then." And he headed off.

"I'm going to escort lady Elizabeth back home, so I will be back later." Then Devon and Liz left. Liam and I were left by ourselves. So we stayed a small hit longer before we headed back, wordless, but smiling the whole way back.

Once back, we went to my room for some privacy, but we didn't do anything lewd.

We did change to sleepwear, but that was it. And we talked for an hour or two before he left for the guest room.

He kissed me goodnight and left.

As I went to bed, I recalled how warm I felt with his hands on mine and his body heat near my own.

I loved him.