Chapter Thirty Three

Alright, so, I got kidnapped.

That's fun.

Again, in my sleep, because if I had been awake, they wouldn't have gotten me.

Obviously.

I was bound head to toe. My mouth was duct taped but nothing with duct tape, just a magical adhesive, legs and wraps wrapped in the same thing and Cain's around my arms, let's and neck.

They really didn't want me to escape.

Oh well, someone notice I was gone soon enough. Might as well take in my surroundings.

I was in some dark room, not a cellar. It was sparse of any furniture. The only furniture in the room being an brown armchair and a desk that was pressed against a wall across from me.

Other than that, I was alone. I got the adhesive off my mouth and worked at the ones on my arms and leg, which wasn't hard.

Had these kidnapped known me, they would be known it wasn't hard for me to break out of things.

And the adhesive came off cleanly. And pulling the adhesive off let my arms and legs get enough space between skin and cuffs to slip out of the chains, leaving only the one around my neck.

I felt at it, seeing if there was anywhere that would give, that was broken or loose.

There wasn't, so I grabbed at the chain, texture roughy and scratchy, yanking harshly until I felt the rust come off in my hands and heard the satisfying sound of metal snapping.

I moved over to the desk, hearing the metal drag and opened the drawers, finding some pliers and the same adhesive they used on me. Convenient. I used the pliers to get the chain off and pocketing both the pliers and the adhesive, heading for the door.

It was locked, but after a good shake, it was easy to see it was an older door, so I just pulled, hearing the rusty metal give before it completely popped off its hinges. What I was met with when the door was pushed aside, was a long empty hallway with cobble walls and a lush velvety green carpet laid out in front of me.

Apprehensive, I explored, looking everywhere for a door or something along those lines. Yet the hall was empty until the end, where a single door stood.

This door, was unlocked.

I slowly turned the handle, gently pushing it open, wanting to keep things as quiet as possible, just in case. But it was another hallway. So I followed it again. But the next door, I could hear noises, so instead of opening it, I gently leaned against the door, listening in.

"Think we'll get paid handsomely?" A deep voice asked.

There was a loud high pitched scoff from what I assumed was the next voice. "Better be. He was hard to restrain, and he was asleep. Imagine if he was awake."

"As long as we get paid, I don't care about him," a female voice joined in.

So three people? I'm guessing there was more I couldn't see. They started to move away, and I could hear doors closing so I snuck into the next room, seeing there was a large balcony attached.

So I could just flee. I still had no idea where I was, so that could be an issue. Though, it would be good to at least get my bearings. I went over, peering out, not allowing myself to be seen.

Hilariously enough, I saw my own rescue party. Damon, Finn and Leon were there with a handful of soldiers.

If only I could tell them I was in the pro-

Oh my god, "took you long enough, I'm almost out already!" I shouted down, startling the soldiers. They all looked up and I heard commotion coming my way. I hopped up on the railing, "coming down!" And I leapt off, trusting that the gods would save me. Thankfully, they did, as my fall was stopped before my body impacted on the ground. It was an invisible movement, and then I was set on the ground, walking over to the others.

As cool as I may have looked jumping off that railing, I literally tripped right in front of Damon.

"That's on me, gods are done with my shit, I get it." I rolled over and Damon helped me up.

"glad you're alright. You've been gone a few days."

Huh? "I just woke up. Was I really asleep that long?"

Finn glanced at me and walked up, placing a hand on my chest, the pressing a hand to my forehead.

"Something wrong?"

"They drugged you while you were sleeping."

"Oh. I guess that makes sense. I'm ready to kick their asses, you guys got a spare sword?"

Leon quirked a brow at me, but tossed me a sword nonetheless, "you take too much in stride Isaiah."

I smiled, getting a sense for the sword, "you've known me long enough to know that's just how I like seeing the world."

"My cousin had strange tastes," Leon remarked with a sigh. And the next few hours was a raid on the large castle. There I found that another kingdom wanted me for their daughter to produce a string child.

The infertile thing apparently wasn't widely known. Surprisingly.

Damon caught wind of it because Tim and Elliot had good connections to the outside royals and knew most of the gossip, including the illegal activities and practices, and sent Damon over.

Besides that, the raid didn't turn up much else besides us finding out that many, many people wished to have my offspring, not knowing I was infertile and nothing would come of it.

"I feel like I'm need to have people spread rumors about my infertility so I'm left alone. All of this is pointless."

Damon thought for a moment, "I actually forgot you said that."

"It's not like I go around shouting it out, but if people are that eager to drug me to assault me, I think it would be better if people knew."

A couple soldiers looked my way worriedly.

"I didn't get assaulted, but I'd like for it never to be a worry. I hated it in my past life, I'd hate it in this one."

Then I forgot I really only mentioned my past life to a few people.

"You got assaulted in y-"

"This is not a conversation for everyone to hear. I'm heading home, my dad and siblings are probably worried. See you around your highness."

And I left the group during the return trip.