|4| His Past Sins

Chapter 4: His Past Sins

As Jasper led Alina closer to the family home, he started feeling nervous. What if she was right? What if they weren't mates and this was the universe playing a sick, sick joke on him? Was this the universe making him pay for his past sins? His nerves, however, were being boosted by the nervousness practically rolling from Alina in waves. He couldn't understand what she would be nervous about. Except for the fact this stranger had randomly shown up, told her that they were bound for life and then dragged her to met their family. Maybe it was that. 

After travelling for another four or five minutes, the house came into sight. It was an old English-style house which may have been falling apart at one point in its lifetime but had been renovated to have more structural integrity and much needed space for the coven inhabiting it. The yard was well maintained; it was obvious that someone had spent many hours restoring it to its former glory, even going to the extra effort to plant some small apple trees over to the left of the building where the mailbox stood, with a fresh coat of creme paint on it. Thought the yard were stepping stones leading up to a large, blue wooden door with a beautiful stained glass piece in its centre.

Jasper suddenly stopped, pulling Alina to a holt beside him. He wanted to warn her about his family before she met them as they could be overbearing at times. Especially Alice. Jasper could feel her excitement from a mile away. It was only in this moment did he realise did she send him hunting alone today; she knew that Jasper would meet Alina.

"Just a fair warning, my family can be-" Jasper went to say that his family can be overpowering in their presence on first meeting, but are overall quite likeable. He didn't get to say that as Alice came bounding out the front door, interrupting him as she pulled Alina out of his grasp and into a hug.

"Hi. You must be Alina. I'm Alice. I know all about you of course. I can already see that we are going to be the best of friends." Alice rushed out before grabbing Alina's hand (the same one that Jasper had been holding. Although, Alice didn't radiate the same warmth as Jasper did. Maybe his theory on mates had some ground to stand on after all). "I need to introduce you to everyone.

Alina didn't have the time to object before she was dragged inside to find five more pairs of golden eyes staring at her. To the left of the room was a burly man with his hand around a blonde woman's waist. Next in the line was a man in a Doctor's uniform standing next to a shorter brunette woman who was smiling warmly at Alina. Lastly, standing in a corner was a bronze haired boy, who looked deep in thought and quite miserable to be in the room.

"Uh..." Alina stuttered out, unsure of what to say. "I'm Alina."