|50| Irina

Chapter Fifty: Irina

If Irina Denali was human she would be hyperventilating but she shook that thought from her head as she walked towards the room which held the three kings. She was here to do the right thing. She was here to report the crimes her cousins had committed keeping an immortal child and raising it as their own. She had known how big Carlisle's heart was but there was a line and he had crossed it.

The heavy doors opened as she approved and as she walked through the threshold of the room she knew she had no way out. She had to report what she had witnessed .

"Ahh," Aro said, drawing his attention towards the vegetarian. "Irina, what had brought you to us today."

"I'm here to report a crime."

—————

The chase dropped from Alice's hand so quickly, no one could stop it. The crystal spread across the wooden floor, travelling away from the small girl as she was taken from this reality into the future.

Jasper sped to her side, waiting for her to come back again. He held her up in case she lost her balance from the vision.

"The Volturi," she said, causing fear to spread throughout the coven, "they're coming for us."

"When?" Carlisle asked.

"I'm not sure exactly. After the snow starts to stick."

"That won't be long," Carlisle ran his hand through his hair. Alina had noticed this nervous habit of his years ago, she never pointed it out though. "We could ask our friends?"

Esme shook her head. "We can't ask them to fight, Carlisle."

"Not fight. Witness. Have them see how Renesmee grows and develops each day. The Volturi may not believe them but multiple people defending her with their memories. That might work."

"He's right. We have to do anything to save my daughter." Edward said, standing behind the young girl, hands on her shoulders protectively. "I can't loose my family."

"And you won't. You know we all will stand with you; all of us will. Let's just hope our friends hold the same sentiment."

—————

It wasn't long before the Cullen clan had set of to various locations around the world, finding their friends to see if they would hold alliance with them against the Volturi.

Except for something was missing: Alice and Jasper.

They had gone out hunting together but they never returned. Bella was the one to find the note that Alice had left, with her instructions.

Alina was at a loss. She had that unbearable pain in her chest that only a mate's absence could cause and yet she couldn't bring herself to be mad at Jasper for leaving. She was relieved that he wouldn't be there as that meant he was safe, safer, from the Volturi and whatever their verdict would be. At the least, if something went wrong, Jasper wouldn't die with the rest of them. He would live on. And that's all she ever wanted for him: to live.