|43| Pregnant

Chapter Forty-Three: Pregnant

It had been nearly two weeks since the wedding. Everyone was content with how their lives were going. Rosalie had started a new project in the garage. Alice was trying (and failing) to get Emmett to play chess. Carlisle had taken more shifts at the hospital to full time. Esme had started renovating this cottage in the woods as a surprise for Bella and Edward. And Jasper was driving into the border of Forks with Alina.

The pair of them had taken a small road trip through Washington and up to Canada, wanting to be alone for a while. They had decided against going up to see their cousins as they had seen them recently at the wedding. They had each other and that's all they needed.

"I personally think we should have stayed longer."

"Me too," Jasper said, making a sharp left turn on the winding streets. "But you only want to so you can avoid Alice."

"She's scary when she is mad." Alina defended.

"Alice is tiny. Just put her on a leash or something."

Alina laughed. "You're the reason she is mad at us."

"It was only a wedding, Darlin'. How long can she be angry at us for?"

"Eternity. She had only just forgiven me for getting mud on her jacket."

Jasper just shook his head, amused at his mate's rambling. Turning one last time, he pulled up in front of the house. Quickly getting out, he sped to open Alina's door for her, kissing her hand once she was out.

They made their way up to the living room, where everyone had gathered. Alina went to speak until she saw the worried faces of their family, especially Carlisle and Alice.

"What's happening," Jasper said, walking over to Emmet, Alina's hand still in his.

"It's Bella." Emmett said, looking across to Carlisle the back at Jasper. "Alice can't see her anymore. They think she's pregnant."

"Pregnant? As in-"

"Having a baby pregnant."

Carlisle hung up the phone before walking over to the side table near him. He took a notepad out from a draw and wrote down a list of things. He gave it to Esme and told her to find all of these things and buy them online before addressing everyone else.

"Bella. We think she might be pregnant. The both of them are coming home on the next immediate flight. They should be home by morning."

Alina squeezed Jasper's hand. "That's impossible."

"We're immortal. Is a pregnancy so hard to believe."

"Yes."

Carlisle sighed. "It hasn't been confirmed yet. We could be dealing with something else entirely. We have to be cautious with how we proceed."

Emmett then stood up before walking across the room, beginning to pace, instantly loosing his playful demeanour. "This could put us in trouble with god-knows what and who."

"Well, we'll just have to be prepared."

Rosalie spoke up next, glaring into space. "Prepared? For what?"

"Anything."