|41| Preparations

Chapter Forty-One: Preparations

"I feel bad for her..." Alina trailed off, watching Emmet, Rosalie and Carlisle set up the decorations and furniture for Bella and Edwards wedding.

Esme let out a small laugh, leaning against the railing of the balcony the pair was on. "You know what Alice is like."

"She is still mad at me for marrying Jasper without her planning a whole event."

"She'll get over it."

"When Hell freezes over, Cleopatra rises from the dead and when pigs fly. Then she'll forgive me."

Esme patted Alina on the shoulder before heading inside. "Never say never."

Alina turned back around to watch Alice's vision come to life. She had to admit, Alice had done a bloody good job of planning the wedding in such a small time frame.

Below her, Bella was trying to break in a pair of white heels that Alice had thought appropriate for her to wear. She had fallen over at least for times. The human had stopped counting after a while.

"You just have to break them in," Alice chirped positively, ignoring the laugh coming from the balcony above.

"I have been breaking them in," Bella rebutted before starting to walk again, this time scraping the shoe on the ground in hopes to find some balance. "For three days now."

"Well. Keep trying!" Alice said before looking up. "Are you going to help at all, Alina?"

"Do I have too?" She shouted back.

"Yes."

Alina groaned before speeding downstairs to face her sister who promptly assigned her to hang the fairy lights above the isle. Rolling her eyes, she got on with the task as quickly as possible.

Soon enough, twilight rolled around and Bella went home. Anticipation filled the Cullen household for nthe day ahead. A lot of things could go wrong. Especially since the house and property was going to be filled with humans and that the wolf tribe had been invited to attend the reception also.

"You had the right idea," Alina murmured to Jasper as she looked for a book in Carlisle's study. She had set aside a copy of Romeo and Juliet she had acquired a few years ago for Bella as a wedding gift, knowing she loved the book.

"What with, Darlin'?" He responded, walking over to his mate, assisting her off the ladder even though she didn't need the help.

"The simple wedding. I would've hated something like this." Alina sighed. "Don't get me wrong, Alice has done an amazing job. It's just- what's the point in having such a grand event with a bunch of people who you barely like attending. I don't understand the appeal."

"Maybe it's having everyone looking at you, envious."

"Oh shush."

"I mean," Jasper said as he stared to kiss Alina's neck. "Who wouldn't be jealous of you. You are the most beautiful creature on Earth."

Jasper's hand had found its way up Alina's shirt at this point. Her head was leaned back in pleasure. She quickly turned around in his grasp so she was facing him so she could capture him into a deep kiss.