|17| Here comes the Human

Chapter Seventeen: Here comes the Human

"What do you mean you invited her here?!" Rosalie screeched.

She was furious. Edward had decided that Bella should meet his family. The kicker of this was that he didn't tell his family beforehand, knowing that they would disagree with Bella coming to the house. He knew the only way to get here her was to go behind his family's back.

"Rose," Esme scolded from across the room. She was more than happy to have Bella come round. She was dying to meet her, knowing that Edward doesn't love very easily and this could be his chance to find his mate.

"No, I agree." Alina said, piping up for the first time in this everlasting conversation, "This could ruin everything that's been established."

Jasper shifted on his feet, moving towards Alina so he could wrap his arm around her waist, drawing her closer to him. He was going to calm her down, before deciding against it. Her anger was justified and he wasn't going to take that away from her.

"It's too late," Edward smiled, "she'll be here in an hour. I'm going to go get her soon."

Jasper, rolled his eyes before storming off. This situation, and Edward's blatant lack of respect for the rest of the family's opinion had infuriated him. Alina hurried after him, hoping to ease his anger as it always pained her to see him upset.

When she reached their room, she saw Jasper looking out the window, seemingly deep in thought but she didn't have to be Edward to know he was thinking about one thing only: what if he hurts the human?

"It'll be fine, Jazz." Alina hummed as she wrapped her arms around her mate, her chest to his back. She felt his muscles tense before he relaxed in her grasp. "We don't have to stay long. We can say hello and leave. We can not show up if you want. I'll go wherever you go."

He turned in Alina's arms so he could see her. He never got over how pretty she was. If anything was different, her perfection would not be intact. It was as if the goddess of beauty had crafted her them-self. Everyday, especially in moments likes these, Jasper reminded himself how lucky he was to have her and how much she had improved his life. He was indefinitely grateful.

"Edward would kill us if we didn't show up."

"Do I look like I fear him?" She laughed.

"We will just say hello and then maybe we can head down to the lake?"

Alina hummed, "I do like the sound of that plan."