|10| Dress Code

Chapter Ten: Dress Code

"Okay, can I ask a question?" Alina asked Alice as she watched the young girl go on a rampage through her and Jasper's closet.

"If it is why I am going through your clothes, don't ask yet. Not until I find what I am looking for." Alice mused, moving from the closet to the dresser on the other wall.

"No, it was completely unrelated. But now you mention it."

"We need to all dress nicely tomorrow, its important that we make a good impression. And I don't trust you or Jasper to not show up in tattered jackets and ripped jeans." Alice finished rummaging through the top draw once she found an old grey shirt, "Why do you own it anyways? It's awful."

Alina rushed over to Alice, ripping the shirt from her hands. "I like it, that's why I keep it. Back to the topic at hand; who is so important that we need to make an impression on?"

"The chief's daughter, Isabella. Although I think she likes to be called Bella. I've seen her correct people on it."

"She's human, what makes her so special."

Alice stopped looking through the draws, laying down two outfits: one for Alina and one for Jasper. Both of them white with grey and black accents. 'Wear this tomorrow, and don't get any paint on them again. It's a miracle that I managed to get it out last time."

"What happens if I don't?" Alina called out to Alice as she left the room.

"You don't want to find out!"

—————

Jasper took Alina's hand in his own as they walked down the side of the school's cafeteria, heading for their lunch break. He always struggled with his blood lust, Alina was better, only slightly as she wasn't exposed to as much blood during the start of her immortal life. But know they were by each others side made it more bearable for the both of them.

Alina began to listen into the meaningless conversations the teenagers where having. One was talking about how Pepsi was better than Coca-Cola, another on the ending of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. The one that caught her attention however, was between Jessica Stanley and Isabella Swan, the new girl. 'They are, um, Doctor and Mrs Cullen's foster kids. They moved down here from Alaska, like a few years ago.'

'They kinda keep to themselves.' Another girl chimed in.

Jessica took over again. 'Yeah, because they're all together. Like together together.' Jessica paused, before continuing her gossip again. 'The blonde girl, that's Rosalie and the big dark-heard guy, Emmett, are like a thing. I'm not even sure that's legal.'

Alina could feel the smugness radiating from Rosalie, knowing that she was listening to what Jessica had to say about them. Alina squeezed Jasper's hand knowing that their introduction was next.

Jessica looked over to the pair before continuing .'And the redhead, that's Alina. Totally got anger issues. She's with Jasper, the blonde one who looks like he's in pain.'

Alina felt her muscles tense at this. How dare she say that she had anger issues; she was the most calm and collected person she knows! Obviously the human knows nothing about how people function, otherwise she would have-

"Calm down." Jasper said as he released his grip on Alina's hand, using how now free arm to wrap around her shoulders, instantly calming her down. Maybe that Jessica had a point. She looked around the cafeteria, trying to divert her focus away from the gossiping human when she saw Alice and Edward enter the room, the latter smirking at the girl. Obviously he had been listening into the conversation.

Bella also saw them enter, asking Jessica who they were.

'The little dark haired girl is Alice. She's really weird and that's Edward Cullen. Totally gorgeous, obviously. But nobody here is good enough for him, not like I care.'

Alina decided to tune out the girl, and her obvious pining for her brother. Opting instead to ask Alice why she was so important.