|30| To be so lonely

Chapter Thirty: To be so lonely

Alina watched as Alice and Bella speed off down the road in Carlisle's Mercedes. She had decided to stay in Forks to cover for Bella's mysterious disappearance. Or at least that's what she told Alice. I'm actual fact, she didn't want to prolong her absence from her family and longer.

Alice had left her phone in the kitchen so Alina could phone back and tell everyone to return. However as she dialled the number, she froze. All the feelings of doubt from the last few months coming back to her like waves hitting a rock. A heavy weight settled in her chest as she pressed dial.

The ringing went on forever, maybe they didn't want to talk to her after all. It would be fitting after what she did. She could've come home anytime but she was too scared. Too scared to explore any possible world where Jasper wouldn't want her anymore. Juts as she was about to press the 'end call' button, a voice answered.

"Hello?"

"Carlisle, it's me."

Carlisle paused, holding his breath so he was silent. He was like this for what seemed like an eternity to Alina but was in actual fact around three seconds. "Alina?"

"Hi," she said. Alina stood top and began to walk around the lower floor of the Swan house, hoping that the movement would calm her down. "Alice told me you didn't know what's going on."

"No, I don't. Where is she?"

"Heading to Volterra for Edward; he's chosen to die."

Carlisle flinched. Rosalie had mentioned something about Bella and a cliff, but she had yet to fill in the rest of the story, saving it for when the family was together so she could break the news all at once.

"Bella is with her; I'm in Forks."

"Stay there. We're heading back."

Alina let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. Her family was coming home. She wouldn't be so alone anymore. "Carlisle?"

"Yes."

"How is he?"

The doctor didn't need any further explanation into who 'he' was. He knew from the moment he heard his daughters voice that she would be asking after him.

"Not good. But he will be.." Alina hummed in response before being interrupted by Carlisle, "It is good to hear your voice. We've all missed you."

"Ive missed you too." Alina said, as she pressed the 'end call' button. Sliding the phone into her pocket, Alina than began to walk towards the family home to clear up the mess that was left from Bella's birthday. She didn't think that seeing the remnants from the party would be beneficial to anyone. Especially not Jasper as she knew what guilt he carried whenever his control slips. He didn't want to be a monster anymore.