|45| Home

Chapter Forty-Five: Home

Jasper didn't know what to do anymore. Ever since the family learnt about Bella's pregnancy, their future had been unclear and this concerned him. It had been a while since Alice was unsure of the family's safety and Jasper wasn't sure if it was worth staying around anymore.

Of course he loved each member of his family to pieces but he knew that love wasn't enough to convince him to stay in Forks whilst him and Alina were in danger. His instincts told him to take his wife and run but his morals told him to stay a little longer, just in case he was needed. Jasper knew whatever decision he made, he would have to make it and execute it in all one go (that is if he left) as Alice may catch on and intervene in his plans.

As he went through all of the possibilities in his head, he felt Alina slightly shift in his arms, pulling him away from his thoughts and back to the conversation in the room.

"Bella," Rosalie said, smiling at the girl, "why don't you tell Jacob what names you've decided."

"For a boy, EJ; Edward Jacob."

Jacob looked up, not expecting that for an answer. He looked around before smiling slightly and prompting Bella to continue.

"And Renesmee for a girl. A combination of Renee and Esme; to honour both mothers."

"That's..." Jacob hesitated, trying to find a way to not entirely insult the second name Bella had chosen. "is a very nice idea, Bells."

Jasper had to stop himself from laughing at the interaction as he looked down at Alina, who had an even harder time stopping herself from laughing. Murmuring someone in her ear, Jasper led Alina from the room, hoping to get some alone time.

—————

"You know, the offer is still there." Jasper said, breaking the comfortable silence enveloping the pair as they laid on the bed together.

"What offer?"

"We could go travel. Puerto Rico? Columbia? Anywhere."

Alina hummed. "That sounds nice."

"Darlin', anywhere you go, I'll follow." Jasper vowed as he looked down at his mate. "Just name a place and we'll go."

"After this has blown over, why don't we go home? To my home, and to yours."

"My home?"

Alina nodded. "You always speak so highly of it and yet I've never been. I don't think I've ever been in Texas at all."

Instead of responding, Jasper tightened his grip on Alina. It had been a while since he had thought of his home and his human life. Before he had met Alina, he had often pondered what would of happened to him if he hadn't met Maria. Would he have settled down? Gotten married? Had kids? Or would he have died in the war? But when he met Alina, he stopped thinking of the what ifs as he had come to realise, nothing would be better than the life he had with her. She completed him and he completed her.