| Epilouge |

| Epilogue |

    Caius coldly stared at Bella and Reneesme, still trying to find a reason to end them. "Your daughter, is she venomous?" he demanded harshly.

    "No," Bella said, her head held high.

    "Brother," Aro said softly to Caius, knowing that they had no chance to destroy the Cullen coven as their evidence provided them innocent on all accounts. "There appears to be no danger. This is an unusual development, but I see no threat. These half-vampire children are much like us, it appears."

    "Is that your vote?" Caius demanded, glaring at the Cullen clan.

    "It is. We will take our leave then, I'm sorry to have inconvenienced you.  I hope there are no hard feelings. I know you understand the strict burden that our duty places on our shoulders."

    "Leave in peace, Aro," Carlisle said, watching as the Volturi turned away and began to retreat into the tree-line, leaving the Cullen's to live in peace once more.

—————

"What do we do now?" Alina said, breaking the comfortable silence she had Jasper had found themselves in. They had been laying in their shared bed for the last few hours, enjoying each other's presence.

"What do you mean, Darlin'?"

Alina sighed before lifting her head from Jaspers chest so she could look at him. "I mean, the Volturi are gone, we don't need to worry anymore. What do you want to do now?"

"You can choose."

"Why?"

"I'll follow you anywhere." Jasper said earnestly, looking his wife in her golden eyes. "Because you are my home."

Alina hummed before suggesting that they figure it out together. Because it has always been that way: the two of them together against the world.

As silence began to film the room once more, Alina began to listen to her family downstairs and smiled. All those years ago, when she was first turned into a vampire she never thought she'd find this again: she never thought she'd find family again. But as she reflecting back on the events of her life, and where they led her to, she couldn't seem to regret a single second of it.

Despite all the hardships she had faced during her immortal life, Alina Cullen was finally happy. She had her friends, her family and most importantly, she had her mate, her husband, her Jasper.

"What are you thinking about?" Jasper whispered after a while.

"Nothing," Alina responded, "nothing at all."

—————
Goodbye Alina Cullen