|36| Party

Chapter Thirty-Six: Party

Alice had outdone herself. Even Alina could admit that, no matter how much it pained her to do so. Everyone who had been invited had come, partly because they wanted an excuse to see how the mysterious Cullen's live but mostly it was an excuse to let loose after a ling academic year. It was also the last time these students would all be together again, something Alina was very thankful for.

"I hate this," she whispered to Jasper, knowing that he could hear her over Rhianna's 'Umbrella' with his supernatural hearing.

Jasper laughed. "I know."

"Can we leave yet?"

Alice came up behind Alina, she had been keeping an eye on her all evening, knowing she would try to get away soon enough. "No you may not! I put in too much work for you not to enjoy it."

"Oh." Alina looked towards her sister, trying to get her to change her mind. "When can I leave?"

"Jasper," Alice whined. "Can you tell her she has to stay and try to enjoy the party."

"I've been trying for many years to get her to participate in these things; what makes you think she'll have a change of heart now?"

Alice just frowned before running off to find Bella who was talking to Jacob Black. Bella had invited him, and then promptly uninvited him with a crack to his jaw. Alina didn't know the boy very well but he was a werewolf, and in her experience they meant no good.

Grabbing Jasper's hand, Alina walked over to the human to see if she was alright with the wolves being at the party. However, once she arrived, she saw Alice's eyes glazed over: she was having a vision. Jasper had told Alina about the killings in the local area and how they were getting closer to Forks. Any vision to do with that had Alina on edge.

Bella reached forward, placing her hand on the vampires shoulder. "What did you see, Alice?"

"The decisions been made, they're coming here."

----------

"The newborns are coming to Forks. A week, maybe two."

"This could turn into a blood bath; who's orchestrating this?" Carlisle said, trying to keep everyone calm.

"It's not the Volturi, I would have seen it," Alice said, fiddling her finger and thumb together, "or Victoria. I've been watching her too."

"Either way," Jasper said, keeping his arm around Alina as if she would disappear any second. "the army is coming, and there isn't enough of us to protect the town."

"What damn army?" Jacob Black said, butting into the conversation.

"Newborns, our kind."

"What are they after?"

Alice looked up. "They we're passing around Bella's scent."

"They're after Bella? What the hell does this mean?"

Carlisle stood up and walked over to Esme before staring to speak. "It means an ugly fight with lives lost."