|29| Reunions

Chapter Twenty-Nine: Reunions

Alina stood in the kitchen of the Swan house, waiting to hear anything. Bella had decided to go cliff diving and she couldn't go save her. The treaty didn't allow it. So she was helpless, waiting to see if the human she had grew so fond of (she might even consider her a friend. But only if she didn't pull any more stunts like this one again) had survived.

She thought it was purely suicidal, and stupid. Alina knew that Bella's death would wreck Edward once he heard. She only hoped that if Bella didn't survive the fall, Edward would have their family around to help him. Like she knew Jasper did when she pulled herself into the flames.

But as she watched Alice walk into the house, she couldn't seem to regret her actions. She stood in the dark, waiting to see if her sister could see her. She wasn't sure but when Alice called out a simple 'Hello' she knew it was now or never.

"Alice." She said, moving forwards to switch on the light, "you came back."

If vampires had human reactions, Alice would have fainted. She couldn't comprehend how her sister was alive. Or why she hadn't come to find her family. But it was Alina, she must of have had a good reason right?

"Alina? Oh my..." Alice rushed forwards to sweep her sister into a hug, only just realising how much she had missed her. It wasn't long before Alina pushed out of the hug, still not okay with having a lot of contact with other people besides Jasper.

"Yeah... it's a long story. But what are you doing here? Why did you come back?"

"It's Bella. She's decided to kill herself."

"Oh, so we're on the same page."

"Yes," Alice let out a sigh of relief before realising what her sister had actually said. "Wait.. you knew about this?"

Alina smiled. "Yes."

"And you didn't try to stop her?"

"No."

Alice began to speak before quickly shutting up, wanting to be quiet as not to give away her presence to the person walking up the garden path. She pushed Alina back into the kitchen, flicking off the light.

The door opened slightly, before closing again. Alice walked up behind the figure, only to see it was Bella. She let out a small sigh of relief before starting her lecture. Alina could only smile, just happy she wasn't the one receiving the lecture this time.

"Bella! Would you like to explain to me how you're alive?"

"What?"

Alice retracted from the hug, leading Bella into the living room so they could sit down. Alina followed shortly after, staying quiet so Alice could continue.

"I saw a vision of you. You jumped of a cliff. Why in the hell would you try and kill yourself? Don't you know what that would do to Edward; you saw what Jasper was like!"

Alina looked down, running out the argument between Bella and Alice. She was only focused on one thing; Jasper. She couldn't imagine what he went through, she couldn't think of what it would like to not have Jasper alive, let alone live through it.

She stood up abruptly before walking outside, feeling claustrophobic all of the sudden. She couldn't bare to be around anyone right now. She had hurt Jasper. She had hurt her mate and there was no coming back from that.

"It's not your fault, you know." Alice said, walking outside.

"Yes; yes it is."