|8| A Walk

Chapter 8: A Walk

The ring sat in its velvet box, locked away from prying eyes for another couple of years. Jasper wanted to wait till an anniversary of some sorts but he wasn't sure which one. The day he asked her to be his officially (which much to the coven's surprise was over two years after they met. It had gotten to the point where everyone had bets on when they would start to date. Emmett won much to Alice's dismay) or maybe the anniversary of their first date. He had, however, finally settled on the day the first met. The day his life finally had meaning.

Jasper stood in front of the floor length mirror is his bedroom, adjusting his jacket as he couldn't get it to sit correctly. At least that's what he was telling himself. For an empath, he could be ever so blind to his own emotions. The nervousness rolled from him in waves. He was scared that Alina was going to reject him when he asked. Maybe she would leave him. He couldn't imagine a life without her, he would lose everything he is if she was no longer by his side.

When he heard Alina enter the house with Rosalie, he stopped messing around with the jacket before grabbing the ring and heading down the stairs to find his mate. When he saw her, however, he lost all the confidence he built up in his short walk to her. The sight of her took his breath away.

She was wearing a green dress with lace detailing running from the bodice and down her sleeves. The skirt flowed downwards, stopping just before her knees. She wore simple black stilettos and a matching shawl that was draped perfectly across her shoulders. She was the epitome of beauty and grace.

Jasper held out his hand for Alina t take, and once she did, he began to guide her out of the house and down the garden path.

"Do you remember when I first brought you here?"

"I though I was going to be murdered." Alina laughed along with Jasper at her confession.

Jasper was intrigued. If Alina thought she was going to die, why would she allow him back to a coven where she knew she would be overpowered.  "Why did you follow me then?"

"You asked me to trust you; so I did."

"I hope your survival skills have improved since then."

"No they haven't." Alina said, giving Jasper's hand a squeeze. "I have a big, scary boyfriend to do all the fighting for me."

Jasper stopped where he stood. He knew it was going to be now or never. He would never find the perfect spot to ask his question as Alina's beauty was far greater than any place natural or manmade had to offer. With his free hand, he moved the ring from his pocket and into his plan, still shielding it from Alina's view.

"Actually, that's what I wanted to speak to you about."