|19| Game Night

Chapter Nineteen: Game Night

Alina, however annoyed she was at Edward, couldn't seem to get the smile from her face. Tonight was game night. Alice had predicted a massive storm over Forks and the surrounding areas which meant the entire family got to play baseball.

The last time they got to play, it was Carlisle, Alice, Emmett and Alina vs. Rosalie, Edward, Jasper and Esme. Rosalie's team had won the match but Alina was absolutely certain that Jasper had cheated (although he denied it every time it was mentioned) and wanted to have a rematch to decide the true winner of the match.

She was so happy to finally have the rematch that she didn't even mind that Bella was coming to the game. At first she had been annoyed, first Edward had brought her into the house with little notice and now she was gate crashing baseball. She didn't understand how he was so enthralled with such a fragile being. Especially one who was so idiotic to be willingly involved with beings that could end her life before she realised she was in any danger. But she willed herself not to think of that and focus on the game. She knew that if she ignored Bella, game night would be just as usual.

Alina insisted on having the same team for the rematch so the four of them had their game plan ready for weeks now. So she was just waiting for Edward to arrive, watching Jasper swing his bat around, showing off no doubt.

However in no time, Edward and Bella had arrived

However in no time, Edward and Bella had arrived. And the game began. Alice started pitching, throwing the ball for Rosalie to bat. And she did, sending the ball flying for miles. Edward ran after it at the speed of light. Alina stood up to bat.

But before she could get her turn, Alice yelled for everyone to stop. Alina rolled her eyes, of course when it came to her turn, something went wrong.

"Someone's coming," Alice whispered. It was loud enough for the entire coven to here, but Bella was left in the dark. Edward ran over to explain to Bella what Alice had seen. Jasper, however, had silently moved to Alina's side, panicked at the thought of whatever Alice may had seen hurting his mate. He couldn't imagine a life without her, he would be truly lost.

"I believe this is yours," One of the newcomers said, holding out the ball Edward was meant to retrieve. Keeping eye contact, the nomad chucked the ball at Carlisle to return it.

"I am Laurent and this is James and Victoria." The newcomer, Laurent, said.

"I am Carlisle. This is Emmett, Rosalie, and Esme," Carlisle said, gesturing to each of the members of his coven as he went down the list. "Alice, Edward and Bella. Thus leaving Jasper and Alina."

"Do you have room for a few more players."

"A few of us were just leaving actually."

"Wait," the other male, James, interrupted. "They brought a snack."