|51| Not so familar faces

Chapter Fifty-One: Not so familiar faces

It was strange for Alina to see so many people at once. But she didn't know what was weirder: the fact that it was her home that was so crowded or the fact that the crowd was compromised of purely supernatural creatures.

Alina knew about the many friends that her family had across the world, she had heard Carlisle and her adoptive siblings speak highly of all of these people (except from the man, Alistair, who was lurking in the attic) so it was strange for her to see them all in person.

She had avoided two vampires in particular: Peter and Charlotte. She had heard Jasper speak of them before, quite a lot actually. Alina couldn't quite bring herself to meet them, knowing that they would most likely ask after him. She couldn't stand the idea of hearing about him right now. Especially since she had no right to be as annoyed with him as she was, but the pain in her chest from the distance between them was eased slightly by finding someone to blame.

"Who are you avoiding?" A voice said, making Alina jump slightly. She turned to find the attic lurker behind her, watching everyone interact through the window as Alina was.

"I could ask you the same."

"You won't."

"I know." The girl sighed, holding out her hand, "Alina."

He looked at her hand before turning away, "Alistair."

-~-~-

As time progressed closer towards the confrontation, tensions started to build not only in the Cullen home but in Forks in general.

As more vampires arrived in the town, the werewolves found their pack numbers growing and said members getting younger and younger. The youngest was Brady who shifted at thirteen.

Alina pitied the poor boy. She sound it awful that he was fated to such a life at such a young age. His childhood gone in one day and thrown into a supernatural war that has been playing out for years.

She had tried to bond with him, knowing how lonely big changes to your life can be. She found it to be a distraction from the gaping hole in her chest that grew the longest Jasper was away from her.

Esme had been trying to do the same thing. Her motherly instincts taking over when she saw the kids have to train to fight vampires. She had taken to ensure all of the wolves were well taken care of when in the vampire territory.

"Alina," Esme called fork behind the kitchen island, "come help me please."

Alina speed over. "What do you need me to do?"

"Help me take these outside." She said, gesturing down to the containers of chicken noodles on the counter. "Then come back. I need help clearing up."

"You don't have to cook for them, you know?"

"I know." Esme smile sadly, "it's nice to have someone to look after."