|42| Edward and Bella

Chapter Forty-Two: Edward and Bella

"I don't hate your choice in groom..." Rosalie said to Bella as she twisted her hair into a bun.

"Just my blatant lack of respect of my mortality?" Bella responded, meeting Rosalie's gaze in the mirror.

Alina laughed from across the room and she picked up the hairspray Rose has asked for. "Give a few decades and you'll be best friends."

"I wouldn't go that far," Alice said walking into the room. "Your parents are here."

Alina stood up and left the room. Even though her blood lust had massively improved this last year, it still didn't mean she wanted to be in a room with them when she could be somewhere else.

Walking up the stairs, she heard the humans interact with each others. Renee gushing over Bella, and Charlie awkwardly not knowing what to say. Alina quietly giggled to herself, she always did have a soft spot for Charlie Swan.

"Hey Jazz, you nearly ready?" She said, walking into their shared room to find Jasper looking into their closet.

"I was getting your dress out." He was holding a black dress bag. Alice had shown her the dress she had to wear two days ago. It has a tight bodice with lace detailing and flowy skirt that reached her mid thigh. "You need to get ready before Alice comes back up, Darlin.'"

"Thank you."

"Do you need any help?"

She laughed. "No, but maybe you could stay up here a while. I don't really want to go down yet."

"For you? Anything."

—————

"Don't you think it's a little... much." Jessica Stanley said to Angela Webber and Mike Newton as they looked at the wedding cake Esme had made.

"What do you mean 'much'" Alina said walking up to the trio. "My mother spent hours on this."

Jessica froze. She didn't expect anyone to hear what she had said. Let alone Alina, when the only interaction she had with her was accidentally insulting hers and Jasper's relationship the week the Cullens moved to Forks. "Alina... I think you misunderstood what we were saying. Everything is lovely."

"Good, Jackie. I'm glad we agree."

"It's Jessica." She mumbled. Alina hummed in question at Jessica's correction. "Never mind."

Alina smiled at the three before making her way through the crowd and towards Jasper who was waiting for a dance.

He met her halfway on the dance floor where he spun her as soon as their hands met. Jasper always liked to dance. Focusing solely on Alina seemed to distract him from all the woes in the world.

"We could go on a honeymoon too..." Jasper trailed off.

"Where to?"

"Anywhere you want."

"Anywhere?"

Jasper just nodded before Carlisle stepped in to take his place and dance with his adoptive daughter. He had taught Alina how to dance when she moved in with the family. He was shocked she had never been taught how to dance by her own family. But after hearing what had happened at the end of her life, he could only assumed how she had lived before.