|46| Fear

Chapter Forty-Six: Fear

Alina stood to the side of the room as she watched Bella interact with Jacob Black. She wasn't very happy to welcome a werewolf into her home but if a bit of familiarity would help Bella, Alina didn't mind so she kept her opinion to herself. The same, however, could not be said for Rosalie.

"The dog is here," she said, walking into the room, Jacob trailing behind her, sending daggers into the back of her head.

"Rose," Alina chided, "he can't help how he was born, so at least have the decency to not insult him."

"At least I'm doing it to his face. Better than behind his back."

Alina just chuckled as she watched the shifter go to take seat next to Bella before realising she wanted to stand. He helped her up, before glancing down at the styrofoam cup on the coffee table, realising she wanted that too.

"I don't see how you could drink that stuff."

Bella laughed. "It's not too bad actually."

—————

"...and for a girl: Renesmee." Bella said, smiling at her friend, ignoring how both Rosalie and Alina rolled their eyes at the name. "I was playing around with our mothers names. Renee, Esme. Renesmee."

Jacob gritted his teeth. "That's lovely, Bells."

Alina laughed at the reaction the shifter gave. Bella, seemingly startled by the noise, dropped her styrofoam cup. She reached down to grab it on instinct, she was however stopped by a sharp pain racing up her back as her spine broke.

And from there, even for the vampires left in the house, everything seemed to happened in a blur.

First thing Alina had noticed was the overwhelming smell of AB Positive on the ground from where the cup had broken. Next was Edward rushing into the room, giving orders to his siblings.

Speeding out of the room, Alina tried to distract herself from the smell of the blood by readying anything for the birth. The smell was unbearably strong, she had to leave otherwise she would have no control and Bella would pay the price.

—————

The screams seemed never ending as Alina stood, waiting for the rest of her family to arrive from their hunting trip. It had been weeks since the entire family was at their full strength due to the wolves who were waiting outside the house, wanting to kill each coven member.

She longed for Jasper to be back with her, the fear of not knowing if he was safe or not plagued her mind. For only a second, she allowed herself to realise this might have been how Jasper felt when they couldn't find her body in Phoenix.

The growling from the tree line grew stronger, causing her attention to snap back to the wolves, to find what they were focusing on. She jumped down from the balcony when she spotted Emmett emerge from the tree line.

The wolves started to move forward, ready to attack the coven. A black wolf started the attack, going straight for Alina. He, however, didn't reach her as a blur came forward and knocked him out of the way. In its place was Jasper.

He shot a look to his wife, silently asking if she was okay, before moving to continue his defence. Alina moved to his side, covering his back so she could defend him and attack the wolves simultaneously, knowing how much damage these wolves could do.