|49| Snow

Chapter Forty-Nine: Snow

Renesmee was growing quickly. So quickly that every time someone blinked, she had changed ever so slightly. These changes were small each time but after only five weeks of life, Renesmee look to be seven years old instead of an infant, like her age would suggest her to be.

The entire family was concerned. With the rate she was growing, even though it was slowing down significantly, she would have lived her entire life by the time she was 3 years old.

Bella didn't want to speak or even think about the possibility that her daughter wouldn't live very long at all; all she could focus on was spending time with her little girl and making sure she was happy. No matter what.

Bella had taken Renesmee out to the woods with Jacob as the girl had taken an affinity for the snow that had been fluttering down for the last two days. She had only just started catching snowflakes when Bella began to look around to see where they were going next when she saw someone looking down at them from the side of the mountain above.

She was confused for a split second before realising who it was. "Irina?"

She looked at Jacob quickly silently asking him to look after her daughter as she went to find out where Irina went. She had wanted to make amends with the older vampire since their disagreement over the werewolves a few months ago.

Back at the house, Alice was waiting on Jacob and Renesmee's arrival. Although she couldn't see the werewolf's future, she could smell his scenery approaching the house. She could also tell that Bella wasn't with them. So she waited, wanting to know what had happened.

"Jacob!" Alice called as he came into sight. "Where's Bella?"

"Looking for your creepy cousin. Irene or something."

"Irina."

"Yes. That's it."

—————

"She's family," Carlisle said as he wrapped a comforting arm around his wife as Esme snuggled closed, "She'll come around."

"I wouldn't be too sure about that," Jasper respond with the same amount of idleness in her voice as Carlisle had, "Vampires don't really play 'happy families' that well. It's a miracle that we have lasted as we have for so long. As much as I have come to like the Denali's, it was only a matter of time.

"I know how you feel Jasper; I will call the Denali coven tomorrow and see if we can talk to Irina then. If not, then we will worry. But for tonight we can just enjoy ourselves."

"We deserve it." Rosalie added from the doorway. "After all we've been through, some peace would be nice."