|24| Bella Swan

Chapter Twenty-Four: Bella Swan

Alina walked up to the Swan residence going to knock on the door when her hand went right through it. Right, she couldn't do that anymore. Walking through, she tried to navigate the house from what Alice and Edward had told her from their visit. It was a simple layout with a kitchen and sitting room downstairs with two bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs. Alina smiled sadly; this was the type of home she and Jasper would've shared if they were human.

Shaking the thought of her head, Alina plowed forwards, eventually finding Bella's room. It was small with purple walls and soft furnishings. It was very simple. She didn't fins, however, any traces of Edward. Not a photo, piece of his clothing or anything related to him at all.

Alina went to lean against the wall, not realising her mistake until she was already moving backwards. She reached her hand out behind her to break her fall, a fall of which never came. Instead she found the wall supporting her full weight.

Interesting. She thought to herself. Walls still work the same. Just not doors, or anything else.

Alina, whilst waiting on Bella, started the snoop around her room, finding that she could actual interact with most of everything in the room. So she picked up a battered copy of Romeo and Juliet and began to read it.

"Alina?" The voice of Bella Swan called. Alina hadn't noticed her arrivial, too ingrossed with the Shakespeare play to pay attention to her surroundings. "What are you doing here? I thought that you... In Phoenix..."

"You can see me?"

"Yeah why couldn't I?"

"I died. And then nobody could see me or anything. I've been alone."

Alina stood up and walked over to the quivering girl, wanting to test a theory. Quickly, she wrapped her arms around the human and pulled her into a tight grasp. Thankfully, she returned the hug, practically like a vice around the vampire.

"Do they know you're here."

"No." Alina pulled away before moving back to her spot on Bella's bed. The human soon joined her, sitting top and tail as to not break the conversation up. "I can't get hold of them since I woke up in Phoenix."

"Oh."

"That's why I came. Where is my family, Bella?"

The human let out a small sigh, "I don't know. They left. In September. I haven't seen them since."

"What? Why?" The vampire was confused. She knew how much her family adored Bella, well except from Rosalie but she tended to hate anything that brought Edward joy much to Alina's amusement. "Did something happen?"

"Yeah."

--

SEPTEMBER 14TH

After a day of not seeing Edward, Bella was on edge. She knew that last nights events would set back Edward's trust in himself, but she didn't think he would abandon her for the day. Maybe that's why she was relived to see him standing in her driveway. It was until she saw the somber look on his face, did she realise that the situation may be worse than she originally realised.

"Bella, we're leaving."

"Why now? Another year--"

"Bella it's time. How much longer can we stay in Forks, after all? Carlisle can barely pass for thirty, and he's claiming thirty-three now. We'd have to start over soon regardless."

Bella felt sick, she knew what came next. "When you say 'we'?"

"I mean my family and myself."

--