|11| Biology

Chapter Eleven: Biology

Alina sat in the back row of Mr. Molina's biology class. She had already finished her credits for her sciences, so she had been assigned to sit in here during her free period. She hated it. Usually she shared all of her classed with Jasper and Emmett due to Carlisle signing them up for the same classes in the year group. Alice and Edward were the only two in the year group below. This class, however, she spent without Jasper making her blood lust so much worse.

So she sat there, completing homework she had done a million times before in other cities she had lived in, bored out of her mind. She was about to take out her phone and message Jasper when she heard Mr. Molina intentionally cough and decided not to take the risk. Instead, she decided to eavesdrop on what had caught her teacher's attention.

It was some skinny boy introducing Isabella to him. 'Oh yes, Miss Swan.' The teacher said, clearly annoyed that he had to introduce a student to they syllabus. 'Hi, I got a seat over her for you, last one.'

Alina looked up to see her being guided to sit next to her brother who looked as pained as Jasper usually does, if not more so. This confused her greatly, Edward had almost as good control as Carlisle did. Maybe Alice was right. There is something different about Isabella Swan and she was determined to figure out what it is.

Around halfway through the lesson, she noticed that Edward was still suffering and yet she couldn't decide if there was something wrong or not. Quietly, she whispered in a tone lower than the human hearing range but she knew that Edward would hear her clear as day. "Are you alright?"

"The girl," he replied, still keeping his voice low, "She smells good. Tempting even. I don't know how long I can stand this."

"She smells normal to me, do you think she is a singer to you."

"Most likely."

"We wouldn't blame you if you slipped, all of us."

"I don't want to though, it's strange."

Alina just hummed in response before going back to her notebook. She had finished her homework ten minutes into the period and was just drawing away on the squared pages. It was nothing she was too proud about, but she thought it would be nice if it had some red watercolour as highlights.

But soon enough, the bell rang, signalling the end of the lesson. Edward, uncharacteristically, rushed out of the room, leaving Isabella confused about how she had offended him. Seeing her sad made Alina feel bad for the girl, so grabbing her notebook, she approached the Swan girl.

"Don't feel like you did anything. He's always in a grump. This was him being nice. I'm Alina, by the way," She said, smiling slightly at the girl. She kept a small distance though, not wanting to be tempted, especially without Jasper there. She shook her head at the human as she offered her hand, dismissing her. "Germaphobe."

The girl let out a small sigh before introducing herself. "I'm Bella."

"Well it was... nice meeting you." Alina said before leaving the girl alone to go find Jasper in her next class.