|5| Introductions

Chapter Five: Introductions

"I'm Alina."

Alice dragged Alina forward once again, leaving the girl with no choice but to follow. She guided her to the sitting area where the rest of the family was and allowed her to sit on the sofa. Alice sat down next to her. Alina thought she was trying to be comforting but it just seemed intrusive. She was uncomfortable without Jasper by her side and she hated that. Why was this stranger having this effect on her? Surely this mating bond he spoke of couldn't just change how she perceived everyone and everything around her.

"Yes," the older man said from the corner. Alina guessed this was Carlisle from the small amount of information about Jasper's family that he had told her. From this she inferred that the woman next to him must be his wife, Esme. "Alice spoke of your arrival after she had sent Jasper out to find you."

"To find me?"

Alice looked dow, as if she was blushing. "Im sorry, I forgot to say. I can see the future."

"Sure."

"If not, how would I know that you decided to come here from New York."

"That is a fair point." Alina said, slightly unnerved that Alice could see her future. "Can all of you do that?"

Alice shook her head and then began to explain to Alina how vampiric gifts works. Carlisle chimed in afterwards to explain who in the coven had a gift, and who did not. From there, he began to explain how his coven had came to be, finishing his story with how Alice and Jasper had joined them around seven years ago. Alina had never felt more out of place, as if she was an intruder about to be punished for just being in the room.

"Jasper said you would be able to tell if we are mates or not? That's why he brought me here." Alina said quickly, before starting again as she realised how rude she sounded , "not that I am not happy to be here. I am very honoured you have welcomed me into your home so openly."

"I can tell from the way Jasper has been watching you," Carlisle said, looking at Esme fondly before continuing. "Only people who have the bond can look at someone so deeply and utterly in love. Even if that bond was made a few hours ago."

Alina looked over to the doorway where Jasper stood. She, however, didn't catch Jasper looking at her as he had turned to look at the ground, clearly embarrassed at what Carlisle had said.

"So what happens now."

"How would you feel about a new diet?"